Too much oil

Jacob G

I have a 2014 Yamaha ybr, I recently got someone to do an oil change for me and instead of putting a 1L in they have done it on the side stand and put 2 litres in. I rode like it for 2 weeks before I’ve checked it this morning and the dipstick was all the way to the top, it hasn’t actually done anything to the bike but my question is will it, there are no leaks of any sign of engine damage whatsoever but I am just weary about it all.

53 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

drain it and refill to the correct level.

AND never use that person again. Their knowledgable of mechanics is right up there with my understanding of the Vasiliev Theory which is a very obscure offshoot of and requires a deep knowledge of quantum mechanics before you even start.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Capt Sisko said:

AND never use that person again. Their knowledgable of mechanics is right up there with my understanding of the Vasiliev Theory which is a very obscure offshoot of and requires a deep knowledge of quantum mechanics before you even start.

I gave up at super symmetry 

• Haha 2

I gave up at algebra 😣.

Yep as the others said, somebody proper noobed that up...they're tiny engines and luckily for you theyve been designed for idiots at work.
For most bikes and what not id be checking the air box that has half a litres worth thrown in it or over your rear wheel but for you What you may find is the drain tube that is behind the engine but under the fairing near swing arm is full of oil, drain that.

oh did you check the dip screwed all the way in or sat on the top of the case?  It should be tested sat on TOP OF THE CASE. 

Edited by RideWithStyles

Too much oil can result in the crankshaft turning the oil into froth with a lot of air in it. This buggers up the oil pressure as you can't pump froth. Oil is meant to be liquid which can be pumped. 

Anyone capable of adding 2l of oil to an engine that needs 1l shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a bike. 

• Like 1

As others said.  Drain a little out.  YBR has a roller bearing crank and ballbearing cam, so I would not be concerned about damage to those, however it will be giving your piston oil control ring a very hard time.