tuning for honda cb125f 2021

Reddragon

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm an Italian guy who got his first motorcycle 8 months ago, a Honda CB125F! Since the bike doesn't have a great top speed, around 11 horsepower, I wanted to know if it's possible to change the piston and the cylinder head to a 150cc version, or if you have any advice on making it a bit faster! ( the only mod that i had done its the air filter, a sponge one from malossi) Thanks to everyone, greetings from Italy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reddragon said:

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm an Italian guy who got his first motorcycle 8 months ago, a Honda CB125F! Since the bike doesn't have a great top speed, around 11 horsepower, I wanted to know if it's possible to change the piston and the cylinder head to a 150cc version, or if you have any advice on making it a bit faster! ( the only mod that i had done its the air filter, a sponge one from malossi) Thanks to everyone, greetings from Italy.

Don't know what the specific Italian laws might be but I believe the restrictions on new bikers was introduced EU wide so on that basis unless you have an actual motorbike licence it's probably illegal to enhance in any way the performance of what is basically a learner machine. 

17 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Don't know what the specific Italian laws might be but I believe the restrictions on new bikers was introduced EU wide so on that basis unless you have an actual motorbike licence it's probably illegal to enhance in any way the performance of what is basically a learner machine. 

its not meant for street i forgot to say

Hello.

nice bike, we have a 2011 version.

yes of course for the ro...mean track,

wink wink😉.

if its for the paper work its for the road.... dont be foolish.

if you want higher top speed ,we changed the front sprocket to one tooth less which easily gave just over 10mph more on the flat but at the cost of a touch less mid range.

its been designed as small work horse to do get you to places in crappest conditions and lack of maintenance, not a through our race breed horse. So back up and sources for parts will be limited unless you intend to diy it yourself.

would you expect a cheap meat carver to cut a tree? Even if you changed the motor the blades not up to it and vice versa...by which point you might as well got a bigger or in your case a better designed machine in that category for what you're after...
So to put it bluntly youd be wasting you time and money to pursuit the adventure of modding this unit beyond the usual filter,exhaust,ecu flash and even after these will be marginal gains on a tiny unit.

Edited by RideWithStyles
O
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Hello.

nice bike, we have a 2011 version.

yes of course for the ro...mean track,

wink wink😉.

if its for the paper work its for the road.... dont be foolish.

if you want higher top speed ,we changed the front sprocket to one tooth less which easily gave just over 10mph more on the flat but at the cost of a touch less mid range.

its been designed as small work horse to do get you to places in crappest conditions and lack of maintenance, not a through our race breed horse. So back up and sources for parts will be limited unless you intend to diy it yourself.

would you expect a cheap meat carver to cut a tree? Even if you changed the motor the blades not up to it and vice versa...by which point you might as well got a bigger or in your case a better designed machine in that category for what you're after...
So to put it bluntly youd be wasting you time and money to pursuit the adventure of modding this unit beyond the usual filter,exhaust,ecu flash and even after these will be marginal gains on a tiny unit.

no hahaha am actualy serius i practise a pretty popular sport in italy that basicaly its a race between motorcycle of different kind, i race in the tourism category and the requierement to partitipate its that the maximum ammount of horse power its 12hp and 9kw    STOCK so for that i was saying "on paper" anyway if anyone have any advice even if they are small they are surely accepted thanks.

Edited by Reddragon

😑Hmmmmmm.😏🤔Really this is soooo sus i dont believe you, but why 12hp??? And you at it now anyway so why you wanted to put a bigger kit on????
Most fit 125s are just under the 15hp mark as std.

not a good bike to start with "for racing".

Anyway hp is fooling, Weight loss is the real key:exhaust, subframe, seats, tool kit, pillion stuff, pegs, bars, master cylinders, all the std body work, clocks, yoke, forks, shocks, wheels, airbox, fuel tank, indicators, Guessing the box swing arm cant be changed?

Edited by RideWithStyles

1 hour ago, RideWithStyles said:

😑Hmmmmmm.😏🤔Really this is soooo sus i dont believe you, but why 12hp??? And you at it now anyway so why you wanted to put a bigger kit on????
Most fit 125s are just under the 15hp mark as std.

not a good bike to start with "for racing".

Anyway hp is fooling, Weight loss is the real key:exhaust, subframe, seats, tool kit, pillion stuff, pegs, bars, master cylinders, all the std body work, clocks, yoke, forks, shocks, wheels, airbox, fuel tank, indicators, Guessing the box swing arm cant be changed?

i dont want to seem rude but its not really relevant if u belive me or not as i see ur from yorkshire so u dont know anything about my sport and italian colture, anyway i was more seeking for a 150cc cilinder and piston cause i dont know if remapping the uc it can be good

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Bianco2564 said:

Do you have a link to the race series so we can appreciate what your goal is?

just search for turism motorcycle race under 18 on yt, anyway my goal its just to boost the performance of the engine to get more hp from it cause the bike its already pretty light i even switch from a back drum to a disk brake

• Like 1

Not certain the CBF is right bike to start from. The CBR has more top speed to start with.  Also online info on timing will be much more readily available, for 17 year old boys every Mph matters.

UK boy racer 125cc seem to do: exhaust, carbs/ ECU, air filter.

The 50cc scooter brigade seem to do big bore kits with some success. At the cost of reliability.

Most on 125cc's just wait for bigger bike licence.

If it's for racing then striping weight will help.

• Thanks 1

So still the same problem you say 12 hp stock with that as a cap and yet you want to increase hp by pistion and hp increase sounds like cheating and so with that case your delusional that hp will make you faster, better or trustworthy. 

Well maybe you're seriously missing the point of that series? Keep it cheap and honest and the cream will rise??

Really so you dont know my back ground, any consideration i have put to it nor knowledge and yet you still say that one other than a quick look at my profile location and jump at assumptions....shall i change my location to somewhere more your liking and that will be ok? Or why not book a meeting with luigi Dall'lana as hes closer.

Or shall i notch that one to one of the many things i could guess to insult with you if i wanted?😤.

are you talking about the one that still at it heart honours the great Nello? If so I have read about it as its abit of a kept secret to the outside world so thats why there's not much information about it...its a home brew villager's special: think of it as cordoned off street for pit bike or soapbox racing with loads of hale bales marking the layout of back in the day of what it use to be before racing went on actual tracks. Maybe its not that im thinking but i still know stuff outside of YORKSHIRE.

some of us have been pissing round with and learning about motors longer than youve been living and others on here even longer than me but i still respect their answer's, take in and understand why they said it and what reason, if i asked them for answers.

its top speed is primarily capped/hampered by its gearing not power hence the reason the cbr has slightly highertop speed as its gearing is different. 

you're gonna mess it up not understanding what goes on with a bike if you change the piston and not telling the ecu 💥 opps! Which adds costs.

you havent even mentioned budgets or owt, do you know much such things will cost? And other implications it has?
Have you not looked at the great web market? Has it come up with parts? If not you should wonder why.

When something has little power and weighs a fair amount No point spending and wasting time barely adding few hp on a unit (that will have a higher chance of it go pop more often) that's when it weighs 15+kg more that it has too with its road gubbins.

One other note then is why are you asking in the uk? If thats the case ask your local area / race garages / series organisers/ fellow racers for help 😶.

As bianco says but shall i mention for a "stock class" going 150cc then sound s like cheating...

😤 So ill gloss over that with more positive suggestions with few different pointers over the weight loss I suggested- (its light for A bike but not remotely for its road class let alone "racing" class.

Get track training, Full visual training and head training cos by god with that rely you searched for answers outside of a region of your "special race" specification, your choice of bike that seriously has no pretension of racing is seriously making it really difficult for yourself that it has to even if you know what you were wanting to achieve, so you'd better get good and wiser real quick.

drum brakes are pretty light as they are, yea its just not as consistently as powerful nor have the same "feel" but its a light bike thats on the rear of it with shall i say a novice? Unless youve got alot of dirt riding background or wishing to learn different techniques. No disrespect with that but shall i say its more of the rider than the bike... whats better riding a fast bike slow or a slow bike fast?

if i was goin to choose that bike for that "track time" (it certainly wouldnt even be my fourth choice) my view would be Its more old fook wits wanting to just have a stupid laugh (abuse it and ride it like you stole it) with an ebay bargain for "racing on a gentleman's agreement "

of cheap as chips at a karting track or mallory....not wanting to pick out but they're my points and honest answers, im sure youll wanna come back at it but really you should take note as i dont benefit from saying anything to you what so ever.

I have shared but will disengage from further discussions. 

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 2