Need Help With Indicator Issue Please, Im new and need help.

NHALL97

Hi i am brand new to riding, from the uk recently passed my cbt and bought myself a lexmoto isca 125 euro.

All was going well for a week and now the left side of bike indicators are flashing very dimly without them even being turned on, if i turn them on they go full brightness but continue to blink dimly when switched off.

I have turned hazards on and off to see if that fixes but nope. I have turned right indicators on but no fix.

I have took out relay switch and put it back in but no fix.

The dash says im indicating when they are off as well but still flashing dim.

What could be the issue please help me im very new to this.

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Probably two wires shorting together - Not easy to find.

Try checking the wiring loom by gently 'waggling' parts that you can reach while seeing if it affects the issue.

Now a new issue has arised. the bike seems to struggle to start, could the indicators be the result of a battery issue? its a brand new battery fitted tho 

Has the bike had any accidents that caused damage? If so, I’d check any wiring in the areas of that damage to see if that’s where your problem lies. Perhaps a bit of fairing was pushed in during an impact and hit the wiring loom? The evidence of the accident may only be a crack or scrape because the fairing popped back - but that’s where I’d look first.

Edited by Hairsy

Morning all, I had a similar problem a wile back, the cause of mine was water in the indicator switch The remedy was dousing all the connections with WD40. Could be a duff indicator relay. Or a live wire earthing somewhere, this will drain the battery.

Edited by Vic101
error