CBT in March '24

Birch Vand

If it's any encouragement, I found the road part of the CBT easier than the machine control bit that went before. It all seemed to come more easily when I was concentrating on other things like traffic and road signs.  All the best for your next session :-)

• Thanks 1

I think it's like riding a pushbike, a little faster than you think you should go makes it a lot more stable and easier to control.

Having the confidence to that however, is a different matter.

Good luck with it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Birch Vand said:

One thing I wasn't expecting, my left hand / wrist is hurting today! We spent a lot of time on slow control,  getting that clutch feel, keeping the revs even and using that rear brake,  harder than it looks!

Using muscles and tendons a lot, also the bars and controls aren't really setup for an individual, something you can sort when you get your own bike.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bonio said:

It all seemed to come more easily when I was concentrating on other things like traffic and road signs.  All the best for your next session :-)

Cheers fella - I think that might help, I noticed when I didn't think to much about the mechanics of changing gear,  finding hitting point etc, it worked better for me.  I also know the roads round that area really well so I have a feeling this will be borne out.

• Like 1

Also to note if the handle bars and levers are not ideal to your body dimensions that puts alot more stress and strain... you'll need to think of that properly when you look at your next bike 

• Thanks 1