VPNs anyone use one?

Nick the wanderer

Hi,

I want to watch the racing. Motogp and the like but I'm not paying £40 a month for TNT or whatever and even the motogp site is 200 euros now. So I'm exploring the world of VPNs.

Anybody use them and what can I expect?

Thanks in advance as always.

• Haha 1

I've tried a few and used one called Cyber Ghost, not so much these days cos I can't get it free, they are great for doing what you have in mind and court band site due to copy write etc,

they can sometimes be slow if lets say your bouncing from china but closer countries are usually ok.

Personally I wouldn't use one based in the US as the law there can view the server logs,

the one I've suggested doesn't keep logs, just incase you don't know you will need a site to use your VPN on in the first place.

Edited by Vic101

A VPN is just a way of encrypting your Internet traffic so your service provider (and, one assumes, the authorities), can't see what you're up to online. It also helps get around geo-restrictions by "tunneling" your connection to different endpoints around the world. (So you could be in the US, but BBC iPlayer thinks you're in the UK and lets you watch).

Watching dodgy streams is a different thing, although some people connect over a VPN to watch, for obvious reasons.  I believe many people use Kodi with unsupported plugins, but I wouldn't know anything about that.

• Like 1

I use NORD mainly so I can access certain things in the UK when I'm elsewhere. Seems to work OK and reduces some of the annoying pop up ads as well. It's subscription though not free.

• Like 1

I've used a few even had perfectly good streaming although not hd, you can pay for higher bandwidth video Vpns.

They just make your pop appear to be somewhere your not, if now TV don't come up with an offer for F1 it's the route I will be going down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick the wanderer said:

Nord is the one that seems to be coming up again and again. I'll have to check out the cost, l don't mind paying a bit if it gets the job done. Thanks.

Nord as do others often have a try before you buy 😁