Good deed of the day

Bender

Can't recollect too many rides where prayers were an integral part of them. Some exceptions such:

Christ on a crutch what are you doing?

Jesus Christ!

For God's sake are you blind?

That sort of thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Can't recollect too many rides where prayers were an integral part of them. Some exceptions such:

Christ on a crutch what are you doing?

Jesus Christ!

For God's sake are you blind?

That sort of thing.

There's an old joke about a Middle Eastern bus driver who dies and goes to heaven. At the pearly gates he is whisked to the front of the line, past a waiting clergyman who makes his indignance known to St. Peter.

The response comes, "well, in your sermons everyone was snoozing and daydreaming about their Sunday lunch, whereas on this man's bus EVERYONE was praying!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, curlylegend said:

Ooh, steady on !  The Cyclist Touring Club is being examined because a certain segment of society doesn't think it's multicultural enough.  There are apparently no facilities for prayers on the rides and they are overwhelmingly old WHITE men who are aligned with the Cult of the Corpse. This is true and a lot of them are po-faced vegan sods, but they wouldn't come away with a remark like that.

Even if it's true...

It's True .... Try the Jay Report .... 1300, at least, under age white females raped and abused by taxi drivers of "Pakistani Heritage" ... the Police and Social Services knew about the rapes and abuse but were too frightened of being accused of being racists to intervene ..... Monstrous crimes repeated in Leeds, Bradford, Oxford etc .... It happened because adults where afraid to speak the truth ...

And i'm also a long term member of the Cyclists Touring Club ...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

And i'm also a long term member of the Cyclists Touring Club ...

Good god, you're not a vegan are you ?

I'm not being discriminatory, I don't care what planet you come from.

I just wouldn't want to offend you.

23 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Can't recollect too many rides where prayers were an integral part of them

There was always a church service at the York Rally, wasn't there ?  Just for the followers of the Cult of the Corpse though, don't remember ever going to a synagogue or a mosque. 

Although I was encouraged to go to some decidedly dodgy bars that were apparently hang-outs for devil worshippers.

And wasn't there a memorial church service around October for cyclists who'd fallen in the wars ?

I often pray when both cycling and motorcycling … usually in that split second before I hit the wall or am sliding into the path of the oncoming traffic…… 😀

Edited by Trooper74
  • Sad 1