Short bursts of power

Posted (edited)

I went out this morning, my ride back was very busy with cars, plenty of overtaking but also plenty of sitting there awaiting the opportunity. 

Now I'm home, I can hear the frustration on the roads around me, just short bursts of power, bikers hoping to just get past the car in front, and when they do, more cars. . 

I'm going to try my best to have weekday rides during the summer. 

Be patient and stay safe people. 

Edited by Simon Davey
  • Like 2

That's why I  try to avoid weekends on sunny days for rides. I prefer spring and autumn to summer because the roads are quieter. I have made the mistake of going out on a summer bank holiday before and hopping round miles of cars is not my idea of fun.

• Like 1

I prefer weekdays to weekends. To the point that I work the entire weekend ‘Fri-Mon” when I can and wait for the weekday rush hour to end before going out.

• Like 4

I love finding lines of traffic full of over heating occupants only to breeze past and fcuk off into the distance … gives me a sense of smug superiority that I can rarely find in daily mundanity … 

although in town it’s a pita

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yesterday riding home it was great -  very few cars until I got to Cirencester then I must have met up with the school pick up mob as the road was clogged with some twit going at 40 mph everywhere and a tailback half a mile long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Yesterday riding home it was great -  very few cars until I got to Cirencester then I must have met up with the school pick up mob as the road was clogged with some twit going at 40 mph everywhere and a tailback half a mile long.

My mother in law shops in Cirencester, but in her 80's, she's still bombing around at 90 everywhere 😂

• Haha 2

Since I work weekends I usually ride midweek and the roads are quieter. The thing I really hate about weekends in N Wales is the power ranger nutters who only ride at weekends, only ride on sunny days, and treat the roads as their personal racetrack. 

There was one lived near my daughter. Unfortunately he went out a couple of weeks ago and never came back. He rode like a madman and it caught him out. 

• Sad 3

this is why i only go out between 6-9 am on weekends or after 7pm on any day and keep clear of cities.

no way do i want to be on the bike when the roads are busy. 

• Like 2