Track Day Discussion

chris128

One from cadwell on friday. Got my laptimes down to 1:44s, back next week but tyres are knackered and im trying to save my new sets for racing. Should make for some cool black lines around charlies and chriscurves :lol:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/vtrdonk/FB_IMG_1469260809232_zpsa1voiyt9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Was on track today with hutchy, even got a selfie with him.

New pb round caddy 1:39 :thumb:

There was hutchy and iddon and 2 other bsb lads.

On the right of me was a bsb superstock 1000 racer and the left was 2015 british moto 3 champ.

Great pics there mate. I love those type of pics, like you rear tyre and tt slow motions

Well done on the times too

Edited by Anonymous

Gutted. Dosn't look to bad though.

Yea I got pretty lucky to be honest, super easy to high side round there! Bike was ok enough for me to ride it home, just a little smokey for a mile or so

I took your lots advice on the day and tried to keep lower on the bike and hang off more and I managed to be a lot more consistent with my times which I was pleased with :D managed to get quite a few laps around 57.5ish seconds.... Think that may be the limit to my ability as I def felt like I was pushing it, I'm sure if you got someone more able on the bike they would knock more time for lol

• 4 weeks later...

Was really exited for pics going up as spotted the guy a few times thinking yes hes definately snapped me with knee down!

Not one pic of it in action lol :crybaby:

Body position still not great, need to move head and upper body over a bit more. Getting there though!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff215/tuktuk_photo/Mobile%20Uploads/downloadh_020916_9189_croft_zps3vkdh1ys.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Argh - bloody weather!

I'm up at Snet tomorrow to hold a mate's hand on his first noddy day but the forecast can't make it's mind up so I don't know which tyres to fit.

BBC, Met office and Accuweather all say different things and seem to change every few hours anyway. :roll:

Not too shabby. Managed a smidge under 2:20 with the PR4 on a clearish run. I had a few minor slides here and there but was surprised how well they gripped - they felt pretty solid braking right to the apex. I guess the transitions between compounds caught me out.

Oh, and one of my nice new foot pegs nearly fell off - I though I'd shagged the gearbox only to find the peg dangling when I got back to the paddock.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So i've got a track day Voucher for Christmas :D :D :D :D Currently don't have any leathers; only textiles so i'm gonna have to get a set of leathers for track day. A question regarding 1/2 piece suits. Am i correct in thinking that 2 piece suits are fine, but they must attach together through a zip to ensure they don't come apart if you come off?

For example, this jacket and pair of trousers would be fine? https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/Frank-Thomas-FTL400-Leather-Jacket/2748.htm

https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/frank-thomas-ftl401-leather-jeans/2750

Pretty much. Most jackets and jeans will have a zip round the back which is a minimum requirement. A full zip if preferably if you can get it.

Where are you thinking of going?

Does a full zip cover the entire circumfrence? We have an old pair of trousers which are too big for me, they have a zip about 6" long on the rear, so this is obviosuly one of the short zip's you're referring to :P

It's an MSV trackday so i think it covers bEdford, Oulton Park, Donington, Brands and Cadwell Park. Due to location, I'm thinking Oulton Park or Donington; Oulton Park is a very regular destination for a ride out, and my dad has donea few there so it'd be nice to do Oulton I think .

The "full" zip has about a 6 inch gap maximum at the front to allow you to bend forwards.

ok that's great :) Thanks :)Otherwise I may have been turning up to a track day in the wrong stuff and wasting my voucher :( May head down to J&S tomorrow and see what they've got in :)