Ducati or Kawasaki?

Dana_leigh

<t>Should I get a Duke or a Kwak?</t>  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get a Duke or a Kwak?

• Ducati 696
    • Kawasaki ER-6f

Ok so I have the fortune of having time to window shop for a bike when I pass my tests in October.

I like the look of the Kawak but sat on the Duke at the weekend and now love that. I'm going to buy new (My treat to pick myself up in life) so cost isn't going to be a factor in it....which would you have?

I will have only just passed my tests so maybe that might be a factor. I'm also not looking to use it as a regular commuter.

cheers guys :)

Ducati's are like ferarris of the bike world, expensive, expensive, and really expensive.

as some pointed out, expensive as in "paying for the name", expensive on the insurance (more likely to be nicked, etc) and expensive come service time, repairs, etc.

I would go with the kwak, but I do put economy before styling :lol: :lol:

Ducati's are like ferarris of the bike world, expensive, expensive, and really expensive.

as some pointed out, expensive as in "paying for the name", expensive on the insurance (more likely to be nicked, etc) and expensive come service time, repairs, etc.

Well according to 'What Bike' they are only an insurance category apart.....but yeah I guess servicing cost might be an issue

oh but the Duke was sooooo soooo pretty and nice :P

Plus I already have a bit of a love affair with Dukes

I think you've answered your own question.

now the real answer is get yourself a Honda

Are we talking a particular bike here? Or just brand? Because a Ducati Monster vs a Ninja, green wins easy. If its a big 996 Ducati (I'm not sure the real number and was too lazy to search it) Vs a Z600 and you've still got another question there althogether.

Actually, I quite like the Z. Maybe I should buy green.

Whatever you do though, don't get a Honda. :P

Well according to 'What Bike' they are only an insurance category apart.....but yeah I guess servicing cost might be an issue

yeah your right, again im mixing up fact with dreams :oops: :lol: :lol:

for starting out i'd go with the kwak, dukes can be tempermental, they don't like the cold or the wet.. and could work out expensive in terms of servicing / repair...

:stupid:

even though i love Dukes the monster is a dog :? go for the kwaker they cant be that bad if they race them in the mini twins :wink:

I've never owned or ridden a Kwak other than a KX 125 when I was a young gun ;)

I have owned a Ducati, if you want to stand out from the crowd and want a bike with plenty of soul go for it.

But I would ride them both before you part with your cash and let the ride decide ;)

**usually**

No there people who dont like them :roll:

Is English your second language? :P :mrgreen:. Come on now, read things properly!

@ Ducatis, Don't forget the higher ownership costs of a Ducati are offset buy a higher resale value. Unless you're the sort of knobber who doesn't keep up the service history of course......which is essential.

The scare stories of unreliability are unfounded with modern dukes, look in any quality motorcycle publication for reliability details.

Ducati: usually looked down upon by people who own rather dull inline-4 Jap' sports bikes, who will generally never get to own high spec', Italian exotica.

Also know as jealousy

**usually**

No there people who dont like them :roll:

Is English your second language? :P :mrgreen:. Come on now, read things properly!

@ Ducatis, Don't forget the higher ownership costs of a Ducati are offset buy a higher resale value. Unless you're the sort of knobber who doesn't keep up the service history of course......which is essential.

The scare stories of unreliability are unfounded with modern dukes, look in any quality motorcycle publication for reliability details.

Ducati: usually looked down upon by people who own rather dull inline-4 Jap' sports bikes, who will generally never get to own high spec', Italian exotica.

Also know as jealousy

I rode a 996 once and thought Ducatis were shite as it fealt dated and really didnt do anything for me.... I was fortunate then to have a blast on a 999R......... Which in all fairness changed my mind. :love:

Personally I dont like the styling the1098 I had a small go on was ace over 80 but below that awful...totally impractical for me...and as am a nobber (did I read that right) I dont like to be a slave to service intervals cos with the amount of milage I do If I cant afford I dont bother with intermediate services....but make sure I do the main ones!

A jap inline 4 gives me that flexibility!

for starting out i'd go with the kwak, dukes can be tempermental, they don't like the cold or the wet.. and could work out expensive in terms of servicing / repair...

mine goes out in the wet and the cold and has been fine. it's mostly the older models that had electrical problems so i wouldn't worry too much about it, especially as you'll be buying new and covered by warranty :thumb: