Camping in the Lakes (Keswick)

GarethNW

Okay I just spoke to the camp site and there is going to be plenty of room for all. :cheers:

I thought I should mention there is a small cottage they rent out as well, just in case anyone prefers the luxuries, if you need details just pm me. :mrgreen:

What are we doing about the food mate.

you Mentioned you'd do the cooking.

Do you want to get the food and then we can all split the money equally.

You will know what food you have to cook then, rather than us all bringing some food and throwing it in the pot.

The last time i went camping under the stars i was wearing combats and didn't have the option of luxury or what food to eat, luckily the food was poor and we were quite busy..

I'm not sure on the stay over, no tent no sleeping bag etc but i might get up for the day ride on Saturday, unsure as of yet but I'm planning...

BB

The last time i went camping under the stars i was wearing combats and didn't have the option of luxury or what food to eat, luckily the food was poor and we were quite busy..

I'm not sure on the stay over, no tent no sleeping bag etc but i might get up for the day ride on Saturday, unsure as of yet but I'm planning...

BB

BB Hi, i remember my days on camping under the stars, or in the back of a tonner.. i used to issue the PI rations, and deploy with the kitchens, I had the store keys.. lol

would be good if you could make it..

WalneyFrankie (RAF Cat)

BB you Signals? had 21 Sigs H Troop out at Bruggen living the Blue life, bit of a culture shock going back to the green life after that, lol

:roll: Typical RAF the luxury of metal off the floor :)

My time was a long time ago I had just turned 17 straight from school and directly into the AAC Harrogate then over to Catterick, it was where the SLR was taller than me and i suffered doing the 3 pikes challenge and halfway up Scafell Pike my knee's caved and so did my career....

I still get flashbacks, good ones thought :)

I'm looking at the kit i need to take and whether i can get it into a rucksack or maybe buy a bag for the back, considering i just spent £4k (and rising rapidly), the RSM is trying to tie my wallet together lol

BB

I will be bringing a big pan of cornbeef Hash to cook up on the fire, BBQ for the usuall suspects like sausages, burgers, kebbabs etc ect. Big ass bowl of salad :)

Ill make sure I have plenty of bacon for the morning butty.

If that menu for Friday night doesnt sound good then let me know what you would like and I will cater for it :)

Thats just the first day!

As for cost, well I'm more than happy to split what I buy with whoever wants to eat it and I am more than happy for people to hijack the fire and the bbq with stuff they have.

Gareth, menu sounds top notch mate. If there's an open fire then baked potatoes? Just need spuds, butter and tin foil :) I'll happily go in on food, saves me trying to squeeze food into my panniers or locating the nearest supermarket.

So, what's for pudding?

Jackets in tin foil and cooked on the fire, also fish with some nice herbs and a bit of tomato done on the fire. Oh yes that will happen!

As for desert, well ill bake some cakes :)

Nice one Gareth.

we will see you there, if you need a hand with anything, send us a PM..

The address is:

Bridge End Farm

Thirlmere

Keswick

Cumbria

CA12 4TG

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=c ... 21887&z=16

if you come via the Lakes, and Grasmere, up Dunmail Raise (bloody big hill), short dual carriageway, then take the first left, you travel down the inside of Thirlmere, which is a nice run.. at the junction take the right (you will be at the end of the reservoir) and go over the Dam, towards the A591, campsite is before you get to the main road.

alternative, stay on A591, ride down the side of the reservoir, past the car park before heading down hill past the Travellers Rest pub, take the first left and into the camp site.

anyone bringing the Tag with them,... lol

Right I will come and meet you sat morning for the ride out, what time will be good?

shall we say 12 ish...

What time are people arriving?

We're about 1.hr 30 ish away (makes a change.. lol) so will be there before lunch..

do you want me to leave a trail of breadcrumbs.......

Have a good weekend, looks like the weather is going to pick up a bit for you a bit, if i get this patio finished :roll: , i might have a ride up and have a bit of a craic with you lot :)

Have a good weekend, looks like the weather is going to pick up a bit for you a bit, if i get this patio finished :roll: , i might have a ride up and have a bit of a craic with you lot :)

hopefully, (Fingers Crossed)

bloomin eck it wah windy.... plenty o wood for the fire... (if it dries oot..)