Ban or points?

wiffers

I'm going to say

I really need car for work

I'm happy to take points or short ban (long ban would ruin business)

(I'll not shout about fine)

Say I'm getting rid of bike

Happy to go on driver awareness course

I'll also offer that they revoke the motorcycle bit ... (not sure they can, but may help)

Not going to argue etc, fingers cross :crybaby:

Not got a clue how the process works, but if they will hear you out etc then hopefully you can convince them.

Let us know how it goes (any idea when your know yet?)

and dont sell your bike, track it!!!

I'm going to say

I'll also offer that they revoke the motorcycle bit ... (not sure they can, but may help)

Unlucky mate, 108 mph average is a bit excessive though. Im not sure what the outcome will be, but from reading your above post, it seems you've already realised the impact of what you did, and hopefully they will realise it too.

Have you ever had any speeding tickets or any other motoring offences? if not, this may go in your favour

On another forum last week a guy got caught at 126mph, but his average was only 104 which showed that he was aware of traffic and had slowed down then overtaking. He got 6 points and £900 fine if i remember right.

thats shit luck m8, unmarked cars are just nasty.

i know people that ride 150+ on single carriage ways for years and never been caught or had an accident.

My mate does 170 mph in Tesco's car park every Thursday afternoon, and he's never got caught.

how likly is it to pass an unmarked cop when ur actually breaking the law?

bad luck was my point (tho as he already knowns he deserves punishment)

Lol. 130/140mph isn't a big deal, but overtaking people at that speed AND then not noticing them following behind you is dumb :D

I've seen a sneaky 04 plate unmarked skoda estate attend an incident with loads of units in town recently so pretty much anyone could be on your case.

i know people that ride 150+ on single carriage ways for years and never been caught or had an accident.

My mate does 170 mph in Tesco's car park every Thursday afternoon, and he's never got caught.

big ass car park?! and bike

I'm going to say

That may help. It is a trade off between a ban or big fine/points. It's up to you to talk them out of banning you for whatever reason. Don't play on your needing your licence for your business too much as they will just say if it was so important why where you speeding like that and disregard your excuse. Talk to them, they will listen but be very careful what you say. Take a brief if you can, they will be able to put it across a lot better than you can.

I had to go in front of the judges myself for when I got summons and walked out with nothing on my licence, no points, fine or anything. I was doing 79 in a 30. Luckily I know 3 judges, one is pretty high up in London and they gave me some good advice what to do, how to deal with the situation. I went in and done what they said to do and the judges in my case used some common sense and I walked out clean. I was warned however that I was looking at a certain ban if it were not for the circumstances around my case.

Get some legal advice mate and try and trade off the ban for points/fine.

Ideally I'd rather have a short ban than points. That way if I have a dodgy tyre, or do something minor in the future I'll not lose licence. My brother was caught doing 115mph and got a 2 week ban, no points.

How far back do they look at your motoring history? Is it 3/5 years, or since I was 17?

If I was you I would place a large book in my pants and take an arse kicking in court, admitt you were riding too fast, but point out it was safe.

Plead you need your licence for work etc...Hard times etc.... Lay it on thick but also fully admitt your mistake. Hell ill even lend you my CONE OF SHAME!

You will be at the mercy of the courts... good luck.

big ass car park?! and bike

Nah... he's just a big ass bullshitter :roll:

Nah... he's just a big ass bullshitter :roll:

Why is knowing that people do 150mph bullshit?

I have no idea why you would think that.

My mate is 'cos he said he did 170mph. :D

Oh, and I know him quite well enough to make a judgement.

For speeding only i.e. no dangerous stuff it's either points or a ban (you get one or the other, not both as some people believe).

Ban is 56 days max.

108 in a 60mph is likely to be a ban. You'll have to plead for your licence and you may get

a shorter ban or 6 points instead and a big fine to compensate.

Any sort of rider training Advanced, ERS, Bike Safe will help. Do it before you go to court.

The magistrates like this sort of thing as it shows you are willing to improve your riding.

Make sure you get a lift to court, don't drive/ride there as it's viewed as contemptuous

and is more likely to get you banned or a longer ban than you would have got.

Dress smart but don't wear a an Armani suit. Smart casual not race leathers ;-)

I speak from experience. :-)