Had my first off

Big Stu

Had a great run out yesterday enjoying the sun and the quiet back roads everything was going well till I came up to a left hand bend. Got about halfway round and realised I was running wide leant in a bit more and thought I'd got it back but the next thing I know I've planted it in the grass verge :oops:

First car that passed stopped and helped me get it back upright and I rode back into Paisley. My right hand was throbbing a bit so stopped in at the hospital to get checked out. Got a broken wrist to match my seriously wounded pride :cry:

Looks like I wont be riding for a couple of weeks, but could have been worse. Bikes fine mechanically but the fairings are gubbed on one side so off to hunt for bits while I'm healing lol

Happens mate, at least you are ok generally.

I had a couple of moments yesterday too.

From almost being taken out by a Porsche coming the other way on my side of the road round the Dalveen Pass, to coming up to a ride hander a bit fast, loose gravel on the bend, so let of the brakes a ran straight on to what was thankfully a wee run off lane.

Today I just had a sneezing fit, thankfully on a long straight, but had to pull over for a bit. :lol:

Really glad to hear your ok mate and that the bike only has minor damage! :D

Hope you get back on the bike and riding smoothly again soon :)

Glad to hear you are going to be OK. My aim is stay out of the RAH!

A very wise move.

Last time I woke up from an unconcious state, there was John Wayne in the bed to my left, and Clint Eastwood in the bed to my right. I asked the nurse where I was and she said "The Western". :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers folks

Was back at the hotpital today for a second x-ray now that the swelling is down. Clean break of the right radius but not moved much so they're happy to go with a cast and no surgery needed :D

Looks like I wont be riding for about 6 weeks :( but think I'll get my theory booked and get the bike cleaned up while I'm off it :D

Glad your injuries aren't worse, and that the bike can be mended too! Oh well you will have just have to spend non-riding time shopping for bike stuff instead :D

• 5 weeks later...