happy or unhappy about f1 moving to sky?

toon83

well i would have agreed with you in the past but the last few moto gp races are as boring as and just a procession whilst the f1 has been pretty interestin :) will see what sky do :)

No point watching it on TV, the result isnt decided until all the FIA (ferrari international assistance) have held all their reviews on each overtake anyway so might as well just catch the result on wed / thur the week after :crybaby:

On a slightly less cynical note, its all about the money and Sky usually have a bigger budget than the BBC, so it was only a matter of time really :(

well i would have agreed with you in the past but the last few moto gp races are as boring as and just a procession whilst the f1 has been pretty interestin :) will see what sky do :)

moto gp has been dull for some time only interesting rider is Marco Simoncelli. much prefer superstock,bsb and wsb

I think it sucks. It seems like if a sport has any kind of following or popularity it will eventually move to a pay channel. I'm not so fussed on F1. I've not found it interesting for many years but the only tennis tournament that we have good coverage of is Wimbledon. The Frech, US and Australian open have all gone to Sky now.

I wouldn't be so sure about getting much for free on the internet either. Looks like a clampdown is on the cards as the courts have ruled that BT are going to have to block a site that provides links to material uploaded by others. I wonder how long it will be before the ISP's are having to police the internet and we will have to "pay per view" for sports coverage online too...

Not happy.

It's a vicious cycle. More and more sports are being seduced by money so signing with Sky so more and more people are being forced to go to Sky to watch the sport they want so Sky get more and more money...

The "protected" sports are being eroded, those that should be preserved to be on free-to-air.

Chances of the rumour that the Ashes are coming back to terrestrial coming true or being challenged again?

Can't stand F1, can't stand Sky.

And I don't understand anybody having Sky or buying the Sun if they were angry about the NOTW.

I'll not give Murdoch one penny of my money.

So that counts out:

The Sun, The TImes, Wall St Journal, Fox TV and news and all the other Fox channels, any film or music produced by 20th Centry Fox (including the Star Wars films), any books published by Harper Collins, the FX channels, National Geographic as just some of the 800 companies he owns.

In addition to a 7.5% stake in ITV

Its not quite as simple to avoid the worlds second largest media company (only beaten by Disney !!)

I didn't realise this was happening and it's pissed me off. I was really into american football and even played it for years but other than the superbowl I don't watch any since it was moved from channel 4 all those years ago. The sport was quite big over here back in the late 80's and early 90's but as soon as it moved to Sky the sport almost died here.

I dont' want to see that happen to F1 especially as they seem to have got the balance just right this season and made the sport more exciting again with there rules.

Although if F1 goes to sky then hopefully they will show more Touring Cars which I really enjoy.

F1 sucks, Moto GP is the least exciting in bike racing too (even if Stoner looks awesome), but is still better than F1.

BSB and WSB and support races are far more exciting IMO.

Also think they should show more of the road racing than they do.

So that counts out:

The Sun, The TImes, Wall St Journal, Fox TV and news and all the other Fox channels, any film or music produced by 20th Centry Fox (including the Star Wars films), any books published by Harper Collins, the FX channels, National Geographic as just some of the 800 companies he owns.

In addition to a 7.5% stake in ITV

Its not quite as simple to avoid the worlds second largest media company (only beaten by Disney !!)

I only tend to read and watch BBC products and occasionally some others so could easily avoid them if I wanted though not that fussed with that regards.

On topic: I hate sky for that ridiculous costs they impose and as said, the fact that as soon another provider gets good coverage on a sport they just take over it. I'm not that fussed about the F1 but other things they've done it with annoy me.

That said, I still prefer their TV package to virgin media, their internet is crap though.

Just a few issues

1. motogp is not boring if you actually understand what prototype racing is all about, I just wonder how many people who complain about motogp have actually seen them live.

2 people moan about paying through the nose for sky, utter bull for the amount of varied programmes and quality sky actually brings you especially if you have a family then compared to the tv tax that i pay to the bbc its actually value for money.

As for f1 moving to sky, dont watch it now infact dont watch any sport bar moto gp and wsbk so meh!

Shame really as the BBC have put together an entertaining package for F1, it'll be interesting to see if Sky can improve on that. If Sky were bringing in extra channels where you could choose camera locations or choose driver 'in car' shots then I'd seriously consider getting Sky.Doubt this will happen though as Sky will be a small player in Bernie's empire! So.... me as a die hard F1 fan watching since the days of James Hunt, will I get Sky? Nope I'll watch some live on BBC and the rest with their highlights later in the day :cheers:

as for people dissing F1.... I did Silverstone last year for F1 and WSB. I can give you a list of places trackside where F1 beats WSB for excitement and as a spectacle and can give you only location where WSB actually matches F1 in that respect ;) you have to scratch the surface to get the full picture of F1.

I'm guessing people who love Sky TV have a family and kids?

Not happy! :evil:

F1, Topgear and Match of the Day are the only things I regularly watch on BBC and now they are taking away half of F1! Makes my £145 a year seem really worthwhile!! :roll:

I don't have Sky as i'm not at home for much of the evenings to justify paying for it, though that may have to change next year..

Although if F1 goes to sky then hopefully they will show more Touring Cars which I really enjoy.

PD, I think ITV4 do coverage of Touring Cars.

Yeah they do but I always miss it but if it was on bbc I'd have more chance of noticing it was on.

Sky has ruinned football as a competition by the the top teams getting all the money, so they might as wel wreck some other sports as well.

Just watch it online

Unhappy, I like F1 and beeb do good coverage of all the sessions. Will be losing interest in the sport if this goes ahead.

I can afford Sky but choose not to have it. Would rather not watch it on some low res online feed either.

event though bbc will show half the races... im still gutted. ive been watching f1 for nearly 30 years but i cant warrent spending £30 a month for sky sports.

I understand why people are saying motogp is boring in the same way people though F1 was boring..i think it comes down to why those people are watching it..I really enjoy them both. its not just about the racing, its the appreciation of the skill of both the rider and the engineers.

For pure racing.. i will miss 125cc GP more than F1 tho..the greatest racing spectacles in my memory is hte long tapering string of 2stroke 125's contstantly changining position. Japan vs spain vs italy, young riders (Biaggi, Harada, Alzamora) against the old guard (waldman and Ueda) .i really hope Moto3 is a good replacement.