Is there such a thing as a water proof tax disc?

There are waterproof tax disc holders

If you get one of the tube ones that you have to roll your tax disc up to put in, though, make sure the date's showing!

I laminated the one on my old bike... haven't done anything with the one on my new one because it's under the fairing on the front wheel (odd place imho).

talking of odd places, my old bike had it placed on the left fork in such a way that when the steering lock was on you couldn't see it. i got a parking ticket which had a box for something about the tax disk and they just wrote not displayed lol

Put it in your wallet!

...and get pulled for not displaying :roll:

you would be suprised at how many people put it in their wallet even a copper i know :wink:

and have you tried checking to see if a bike is displaying a tax disc whilst it is moving???

there is that many places people put them its too hard to check so you wont get "pulled" for not displaying :roll:

Put it in your wallet!

you would be suprised at how many people put it in their wallet even a copper i know :wink:

and have you tried checking to see if a bike is displaying a tax disc whilst it is moving???

there is that many places people put them its too hard to check so you wont get "pulled" for not displaying :roll:

In that case they should get rid of the tax disc all together. One look at an ANPR will tell whoever wants to know that your bike/car has tax.

The reason why they won't get rid of it is because they make even more money if your disc is lost/stolen 'cos you have to pay for a replacement.

Too many quotes in this post :lol:

In that case they should get rid of the tax disc all together. One look at an ANPR will tell whoever wants to know that your bike/car has tax.

The reason why they won't get rid of it is because they make even more money if your disc is lost/stolen 'cos you have to pay for a replacement.

Too many quotes in this post :lol:

i keep my current one in my wallet but the one before was laminated, i have not been pulled for not displaying it and as for makingmore money out of you, its a requirement that takes nothing to do, is it such a problem to show it in the car? it doesnt have to be paid for again if you report it stolen either so they dont make money out of it. but bikers having it in their wallet rather than nickable positions is better so nice police dont usually book for it.

ive been stopped several times at or around our local bike meet, now i dont keep the disc on my bike, its pinned to a notice board in the kitchen at home (yes i know its wrong) ive had two discs stolen from my bikes over the years, this is why its kept at home, but everytime ive been stopped ive explained why its not on the bike and twice ive had the response of 'yes we know its taxed' as they checked it whilst following me, never had a problem, decent coppers or just luck? is the paper work and court time worth the little fine for not displaying?

I have found a discounted (£15 down to £10) Motrax aluminium tax disc holder which states it is waterproof. I have glued the plastic cover into the the frame to seal that. I'll report back after some wet days and a wash or two of the bike.

http://89.206.185.119/images/product/product/mot_tax-hold-orig-cl.jpg

I just got one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290586963331&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

for £1.95 delivered, and quite honestly I don't care if it's waterproof or not. I will display a valid tax disc, if the ink runs when it's wet, not my fault :lol: