Dodgy Ebayer???

Paul

Guy selling something I want on ebay. I have asked him a question about it so he knows I am interested. No bids up until then any only 12 views of the item. Today a couple of bids, one taking it over £50 from nowhere. I look at the bidding list, see who it is, it's e***e. Click on his bidding history and lo and behold, he has made bids on virtually everything the guy who is selling what I want. Too make it even weirder, the guy bidding has one feedback, a cordless phone bought for 99p off yea, you guessed it, our mate selling the thing I want. Also the seller has a bit of crap feedback, he comes across as arrogant too.

So, what to do. Do I report it to ebay as dodgy goings on or do I wait and see what the outcome is and then write to the seller saying I think his mate is bumping up the bids and try and make him an offer to a more sensible level..?

Edited by Paul

Decide what you want to pay for it, wait til last minute and bid :)

Loads of people bid up items for friends etc, just one of those things.

You could report him, but its difficult to prove I guess.

well in that case i would say you havent got nothing to worry about then :) apart from the bidding up

just bid what you would pay and if its still a bargain you cant really go wrong :)

Hey Paul....just bid at what you are prepared to pay for it. Doesn't matter what his mate bids up to as he'll have to come back to you for a 2nd chance. If he don't come back then it's likely he was legit.

I always set a bid ot the max I am willing to pay for an item on eBay. If it goes for more....c'est la vie....wait for the next one.

Bob

Guest philgale

bid now what you want to pay if his mate outbids you and buys it then hes stuck with an item not sold and ebay fees so he will be out of pocket

it's not his mate bidding, it's him, he's just got 2 accounts...

wait for it to finish with 1 bid (from himself) and then ask him if he will sell it for x amount. or wait til he relists it for less.....

It's called "shill bidding" and against the law.

eBay is full if it as they allow people to have as many accounts as they like. eBay turn a blind eye as they make money from it.

And yes report him to eBay.

Guest philgale
It's called "shill bidding" and against the law.

eBay is full if it as they allow people to have as many accounts as they like. eBay turn a blind eye as they make money from it.

And yes report him to eBay.

ebay dont let you have as many accounts as you want, i forgot my password on one account and couldnt get it back so set up a new one and got banned for a year

bid now what you want to pay if his mate outbids you and buys it then hes stuck with an item not sold and ebay fees so he will be out of pocket

He won't be out of pocket because he will get his mate to cancel the transaction and put an excuse down out of the many default excuses Ebay have on there. Once he accepts the withdrawal the listing is cancelled and any fees that Ebay have taken are refunded.

I know someone that has been doing this for years using an account he set up in someone elses name to bump the bidding prices up. I don't condone it but Ebay seem to turn a blind eye.

I know someone that has been doing this for years using an account he set up in someone elses name to bump the bidding prices up. I don't condone it but Ebay seem to turn a blind eye.

I wonder why people don't just put a reserve, if they want a minimum amount for it?

Because reserves cost money and can put bidders off.

So just put the starting price at a sensible price that you would be happy with. If people wont pay that price then you appear to be valuing it too high.

Nothing annoys me more than these £500 bikes with reserve not met. If you wont let it go for less than £2000 then start there!

Paul told me not to say owt, but couldnt help it...

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqIOKokE4uNfD)nhBOSnr(3Tc!~~60_3.JPG

Ready for rallies when speed is of the essence in the dirty toilets. ;)

Paul told me not to say owt, but couldnt help it.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNISEX-BUTT-P ... 66737bd55a

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqIOKokE4uNfD)nhBOSnr(3Tc!~~60_3.JPG

Actually felt quite sick whilst posting this lol..... and these are modelled on what appears to be Barbie Dolls, so will be a bit snug!

Butt plug ready lol :puke:

The most disgusting thing about this is that they haven't even spelled made correctly.