How did we ever survive before....

techno

:stupid: Why is it only us that takes any notice of this crap.

Piss of Europe and let common bloody sense and BRITISH people govern our country, not some jumped up bloody PC w**ker (probably pronounced vanker) wanting to look like he/she is earning their wages. Come the revolution.

Sorry to change subject Gary but I also read yesterday that a bloke had been removed from a shopping centre and cautioned by police for taking a bloody photo of HIS daughter sitting on a chair at an ice cream booth all by herself.

WTF indeed, all this crap has come about in my relatively short period of 47 years upon this earth, god knows what it`ll be like in another 47.

It's one reason I hardly read the papers/watch the news any more! As it is haven't some schools stopped competitive sports because it's not fair on the 'losers' - the last sports day I went to when one of my kids was at junior school they didn't have normal races like we did, it was just like an obstacle/keep fit course - no winners or losers :roll: .

Soon they will be banning pre-teen kids from riding bikes, climbing trees, swimming - in fact anywhere they could conceivably be 'hurt'. And if your child trips over and grazes it's knee in your care you'll probably be sued, c/o the EU.

And don't get me started on PC stuff.

Crazy!!! :shock:

H & S directives like this totally contradict the Early Years learning curriculum in the UK!

The Early Years curriculum encourages children to take risks, in order to learn from them. Admittedly practitoners are required to carry out a risk assessment on EVERY activity that children take part in, however the recommendations are that children should experience 'real life' situations during their learning through play!

We ditched plastic 'play' tools a long time ago & the children used proper hammers, nails, screwdrivers etc when constructing. Yes there were accidents, but how on earth will children learn how NOT to have accidents if they are never in a position to learn from their mistakes!!! :evil:

I didnt read it all as I am at work BUT, didnt it say they cant do it if they dont have an adult near by!

Im srry but if you have a child under the age of x (at least 8) then they should allways have adult supervision and then they can go nuts on balloons all they want. If not then any number of things in the world can kill/injure them while you have your back turned

Whatever next ey?

Health and safety rules have now banned you from taking a shit... The fear is someone may injure themselves if they have a tough one and would therefore be safer to do what EU representatives do and keep it in until your full of shit!

Whatever next ey?

Health and safety rules have now banned you from taking a shit... The fear is someone may injure themselves if they have a tough one and would therefore be safer to do what EU representatives do and keep it in until your full of shit!

Bollocks, now I have nothing to say....... silence...............................................

ha risk assesment, ok eu write one for this, i was 5-6 ish i got given a box of oil old nasty gooey black stuff, i was told that what ever was in there i could keep so i plundged my hand in and pulled out brocken glass a pen knife (i still have the knife) and some keys. i took the knife and the keys home and after neerly cutting the tip off my thumb off got the blade open, the keys well they turned out to belong to an old guy who terrorised kids with hit zimmer frame (don't ask) :lol: as for hi viz there is only one use for that stuff and that is to wrap kids and chavs in any one remember the leg protectors or the airbags or maybey the seatbelts for bikers :?:

Walking along a high street is hilarious until a bus mounts the pavement and bang, your gone.

Risks are every where, as humans we learn to avoid them WHERE possible. Blowing up a baloon is not a risky thing to do.

Good God, all this shite and soon they`ll be banned.

It's all fun and games until someone swallows a balloon. And then it's hilarious.

Motorcycles are all fun and games until someone falls off. Then it is hilarious.

Ban motorcycles, or at least to begin with ban sports bikes and then restrict all motorcyles that are left only available for the over 30s and everyone must wear high vis. That would save thousands of lives across Europe in just a few years. Banning balloons/restricting balloons will save a few dozen lives over several decades. :?

Yep, know what you mean. Lets ban everything.

My Aunt nearly choked on a fish bone when I was a kid, bloody glad they never banned eating fish cus I love it.

I had a drink go down the wrong way the other day...damn near coughed my lungs up. Best ban drinking then.

Had a paper cut the other day folding some prints, lets ban paper.

Or shall we just learn to live with the possibility that shite happens some times and we have to LEARN to deal with it.

If the EU are about making peoples lives safer, why dont they stop with the stupid rules (im talking generally) and let the stupid and old die, making the economy better because there are less people to look after, therefore making peoples lives better?

If the EU are about making peoples lives safer, why dont they stop with the stupid rules (im talking generally) and let the stupid and old die, making the economy better because there are less people to look after, therefore making peoples lives better?

Because there would be less people to pay taxes

I didnt read it all as I am at work BUT, didnt it say they cant do it if they dont have an adult near by!

Im srry but if you have a child under the age of x (at least 8) then they should allways have adult supervision and then they can go nuts on balloons all they want. If not then any number of things in the world can kill/injure them while you have your back turned

Maybe you should take your own advice at the rally gareth!!

There was one erecently with a school only allowing sponge footballs in the playground, parents were complaining kids need t learn how a proper leather ball has to be kicked etc!

Maybe the rest of Europe don't believe everything they read in the newspaper? :P

As Nick Ferrari said yesterday "It's all very well criticising what is seen as an absurd rule, but if the headline had been '3 year old dies after swallowing balloon' we'd be calling for tougher safety standards".

There's some truth in what he said, sadly.

Maybe the rest of Europe don't believe everything they read in the newspaper? :P

As Nick Ferrari said yesterday "It's all very well criticising what is seen as an absurd rule, but if the headline had been '3 year old dies after swallowing balloon' we'd be calling for tougher safety standards".

Rather than we'd that would be more accurate if it said "some" imo, theres always gonna be "someone" who thinks all accidents can be avoided through legislation, absurd or otherwise.

More responsible parenting maybe (if it became a regular problem, which it isn't), not "tougher H&S regulations".

Kids/people just hurt themselves sometimes... they fall down steps, they run into roads and get hit by cars, they drown in rivers and choke on food. It's tragic when it happens but you can't exactly devise a massive encyclopaedia of legislation to somehow rub out every single possible cause of death or injury without making everyone's life miserable and tedious.

I'm hoping one day soon the EU will just snap out of this weird, surreal idea that we need to be bubble wrapped and put into storage for our own good. Let us take responsibility for our own decisions, our children and our lives.

I thought that article was straight out of http://www.thedailymash.com :mrgreen: