First effort on You Tube

TC

My first effort at posting on youtube. (Not very impressed with it), as on my computer the footage is cystal clear HD quality, I can't seem to transfer the same quality and trying to find music that isnt copyrighted is a nightmare.

Anyway this going up Applecross pass with Roy having a cig on the left at 8 secs in, and the hairpins near the top are about 8 mins 23 secs in.

Any advice or help is welcome. hope you enjoy watching the videos as much we did riding them

">

I will try to remember to watch from home!

can't do it from work! :lol:

I will try and remember to watch it at work on my phone at break as my internet is doing a lot atm and is quite slow haha

What editing software did you use? Looks like you have not rendered it in HD :shock:

TC Send me a PM about what format the files are in etc etc, might be about to help you get better quality final video..

Spent Ages trying to find a decent video editer to use with mp4s..

only had a quick look. didn't realise it was so long. looks good on my phone, but you can't tell what's HD on it anyway. for some reason I thought it had music so was messing around trying to get my headphones out. Looks like a great road. where was it?

only had a quick look. didn't realise it was so long. looks good on my phone, but you can't tell what's HD on it anyway. for some reason I thought it had music so was messing around trying to get my headphones out. Looks like a great road. where was it?

Err applecross pass which is if i remember rightly just south west of ullapool.

I cant believe it actually plays at work, look forward to checking out some of the others I might actually appear in :lol: (especially the run to mallaig if it worked)

Thanks for the comments folks

Gary to Mallaig run didn't come out :( So we'll have to do again :lol:

Gin I've been using windows movie maker but it doesn't support MP4

TBH I've tried converting to loads of different formats and now trying to use 'VirtualDub' to sort it out. Its so frustrating because the quality drops so much when uploaded to youtube.

It is this road

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Tor ... s&t=m&z=12

otherwise known as Bealach na Ba. It is where I took this

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7158/6801477345_3bf75f806e_b.jpg

which is right at the top of the pass. It is great fun to ride up, but better to enjoy the views on the way down.

u tub will always drop the quality, try vimeo???,

but

i cant see why its only 240?

usualy 720 isdropped to 480 or so

i might just vidat 720 in 4 weeks!!

That's not true at all. There is always a slight drop in quality but it won't change the resolution. If you upload a 720 it will be 720 on youtube. I had a chat with him last night in chat and he has now realised that when he converted it (before he rendered it out of windows movie maker) that the converter changed it from 720 to 240.

u tub will always drop the quality, try vimeo???,

but

i cant see why its only 240?

usualy 720 isdropped to 480 or so

i might just vidat 720 in 4 weeks!!

That's not true at all. There is always a slight drop in quality but it won't change the resolution. If you upload a 720 it will be 720 on youtube. I had a chat with him last night in chat and he has now realised that when he converted it (before he rendered it out of windows movie maker) that the converter changed it from 720 to 240.

sorry

pls dont dis

if one uploads a720, , and accepts u-tub criteria, i'e' me no want long time,,,,,,,,,,u-tub will save a 720 as 480,,,,,,,,,punkt

sorry

pls dont dis

if one uploads a720, , and accepts u-tub criteria, i'e' me no want long time,,,,,,,,,,u-tub will save a 720 as 480,,,,,,,,,punkt

No idea what your saying here. If you upload in video that is 720 to youtube everybody will be able to choose between 240, 360, 480 or 720. Whereas if you upload a video in 360 everybody will be able to choose between 240 and 360.

sorry

pls dont dis

YouTube wont save a 720p in 480. Well they haven't in any of my videos, they all come out in 720p, or 1080p if I save them that way. To be honest I usually record in 720 and chuck the raw file on the Tube because I am lazy, but when I used to edit it, it would come out in worse quality than the origonal, but that was because of the editing software. Now when I edit, I have set it up to save in a good quality, and you can see no difference between the edited file before its put on youtube, and once its on.

Now when I edit, I have set it up to save in a good quality, and you can see no difference between the edited file before its put on youtube, and once its on.

What software are you using to edit with Alex