Engineering Placements..

Gin

Not a bad dilemma to have!!

I guess the things to ask yourself would be

What were your impressions when you visited Triumph?

How disappointed were you when you didn't get the place?

What were those two days like at Westfield?

Which is more important to you, bikes or racing?

Other considerations would be benefits to your degree, additional qualifications you could gain, location, costs between the two etc...

Only you can decide really.

Best of luck!

Take your time and consider both roles.

These are for your education and then to further your career so which of the two will give you the best experience and foundations to use in the future?

Its a great position to be in just weigh up the pros and cons :wink:

Oh and well done again!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Gin.......any further thoughts about it?

I have a colleague who saw the new Tiger Sport and decided he wanted to be part of this.....so applied to Triumph for a job.....got turned down.....but it was a bit speculative on his part anyway as he's working in the medical industry.....nothing to do with bikes or cars..... :wink:

Ok so..

Went to a meeting with Triumph on thursday at 10 which lasted about an hour to talk about what they need and why I've been asked in etc.

Left that knowing that the job has the possibility to only last 6 months at worst case scenario or the full 12 if best. Expressed that he really wanted me on board and has given my CV to the design department who are interested too but only for when I finish uni. :)

Left feeling like this was really a good risk to take as it meant; foot in the door, good money and a job with motorbikes! Even with the risks..

Back to Uni when I run into Julian (MD of Westfield) Who offers me a full days pay + fuel for me to do a trip to the DVLA office for him then go to the factory. After saying I would I told him that I'd seen triumph and what they had offered..

Expecting him to tell me where to sling my hook, he then exclaims that it's great news and if Triumph decided they had to end my work early, I could always go back and work for him! :D

So, after a quick chat with the Uni advisor that seams like the plan!

I should start work at Triumph on the 8th of July, the day after the Formula Student competition!

Think I'm still in shock to be honest :mrgreen:

Yeah don't think I could have planned this any better :D

Now to convince them that I would be a crutial member of their design team :mrgreen:

Also fingers crossed for a discount..