When oiling your chain in a hurry...

Benn

...don't have the f**king engine running!

No need to tell me what a twat I am, I already know. Learned my lesson - hard.

This is embarrassing more than anything - I never do this, I knew how stupid it was before I even got the bike. Never done it before... It was just one of those moments of stupidity.

I had to slap some oil on my chain before a quick run to my old college and stupidly accidentally somehow got the bike in gear!

Long story short, I severed about a centimeter off the ends of two of my fingers.

(Only view if you are not faint heart-ed) http://i.imgur.com/Z7gyWtI.jpg

To clarify, I have no idea how the bike ended up in gear! Anyone who's a f**king idiot like me, pay attention. Never, under any circumstances, go near the chain when the engine is running. Just don't. DON'T. Not ever. It's not worth it. Don't be a dick, like me.

But it's a great excuse to swear at passers by!

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/954751_582722105094051_1751095124_n.jpg

Proper zombie fingers!!.

Did they sew them back on? Or are you now a size small glove on one hand??

Small glove. My chain is now lubricated with the tips of my fingers ;)

Need to clean that up tomorrow...

Nooooooo you major numpty! Get well soon and all that. Also, awwww you're so young!! Do you ever just assune or guess how old people might be on here from their comments if they don't have a photo profile piccie? I had you down as early to mid 20s but you look waaay younger! How old are ya?

Hope they weren't your favourite bum scratching fingers!

Scott oiler ftw!

Ollie says "top tip: avoid salt&vinegar crisps for a while" :mrgreen:

Nooooooo you major numpty! Get well soon and all that. Also, awwww you're so young!! Do you ever just assune or guess how old people might be on here from their comments if they don't have a photo profile piccie? I had you down as early to mid 20s but you look waaay younger! How old are ya?

Hope they weren't your favourite bum scratching fingers!

Scott oiler ftw!

Ollie says "top tip: avoid salt&vinegar crisps for a while" :mrgreen:

And I avoid them at all cost anyway! ;)

I'd love a scottoiler! But I don't think I'll be riding for a couple of months anyway. All summer touring plans scratched! Ergh.

Ta for the well wishes. :)

Bit late maybe but i use a paint brush to put oil on rather than a cloth, saves a lot of pain if the worst happens.

of course though the proper thing to do is not have it running in gear :'(

good news is i guarantee within 6-12 months someone else will be starting a new thread after doing the same thing and then it'll be your turn to make posts in bad taste! :D

You watch out Tiggie, I've got you in my cross hairs. If you ever do anything stupid... ;)

just wait for rally pics to be put up on show bound to be some sillyness there as there normally is

:lol:

Off to the hospital for some surgery now - they're using a local anesthetic, so any advice on how to not freak out would be greatly appreciated. :) I'm hoping I can put some music in my ears and get high on gas again! :lol:

You watch out Tiggie, I've got you in my cross hairs. If you ever do anything stupid... ;)

just wait for rally pics to be put up on show bound to be some sillyness there as there normally is

:lol:

Off to the hospital for some surgery now - they're using a local anesthetic, so any advice on how to not freak out would be greatly appreciated. :) I'm hoping I can put some music in my ears and get high on gas again! :lol:

You have two choices...you can actually watch which is really scary but fascinating....or just look away and take your ipod...

Hard luck mate...weve all done stupid things in the past

Bugger.

You daft Bugger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have never done anything daft like that (he says looking sheepishly the other way and sliding out of the room)

Good luck with the op all this will soon enough be a good story over a beer :D

the second you said "not for the feint hearted." That's when I had to click it!

I can't think how many times i've said not to go near that chain with the engine running and the bike in gear! ybr gear boxes are a little shite regarding false neutrals, i'd imagine that's what you had.

I had a thumb nail pulled after a dog bite under local. I was shaking like a leaf but i didn't feel a thing. The pain started when they failed to get me my pain killers for after. Was the longest 14hr wait after a 12hr shift. 30+hrs without sleep.

if you really must have the engine running how about removing the chain guard and cleaning oiling from the top section of chain as that is moving away from the sharp pointy teeth :D

so you came on the forum before going to the hosptial?? thats dedication lol.

always look for the positives arrising from a negative Benn, with shorter fingers, your cock will look bigger when you hold it. :D