Start damn you!

RantMachine

*I reckon Bob should give Wolls a hand tomorrow if he is free and it isn't a hassle, and Wolls can give Bob his and Mandy's lil gifty wifty*!

...also Ermintrude would be less likely to go bang with Bob around :lol:

Unfortunately I have work tomorrow and squash in the evening.....but I'll happily come round at the weekend and help if that's OK?..... :)

Hahaha, the bare faced cheek of you Moo :lol:

Cheers for the offer Bob, but I think I'm fairly satisfied with my troubleshooting - even if the new solenoid doesn't fix it, given past experiences it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a spare :mrgreen:

Also, I think I'll improvise a bit of plastic to shield the solenoid from the elements a little in the future. Can't be that healthy for it the you can draw an unobstructed line straight to it from the rear tyre :roll:

battery size doesnt matter

neither does the terminals

if you can get the wires close just hold the wires on to the terminals and get moo to hit the starter

make sure your holding tight as you may get a few sparks just dont shit yourself :lol:

Or you could just jump across the terminals on the starter solenoid with a jump lead....connect it to one side and touch across to the other terminal........or use jump leads across from Moo's battery to your bikes battery connectors (disconnect your battery first)...... :wink:

If I saw a solenoid looking like that on one of the machines I work on I wouldn't even bother stripping it to clean it.....it would go straight in the bin..... :wink: Don't forget that the solenoid relies on a mechanical action to operate and short the 2 bigger connections.....all that corrosion will certainly impede that mechanical action..... :shock:

and get moo to hit the starter

Moo is at my brother's wedding in Bournemouth. Looks like Wolls will have to improvise something from bamboo sticks and string again tomorrow... :lol:

his big toe will reach!!

and get moo to hit the starter

Moo is at my brother's wedding in Bournemouth. Looks like Wolls will have to improvise something from bamboo sticks and string again tomorrow... :lol:

his big toe will reach!!

Oh, he says he's going to Rick String-it-all-together with the Made Of Cheese on Saturday now anyway, as it's under warranty so the bast*rds should fix it for free.

Poor sod, having to spend the day in Bedford - ugh!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after Bob helped me establishing it was certainly the solenoid, the bloody front brake packed in on the way to Halfords :P So now there's no question about it, Rick StringItTogether is fixing the damn thing! One ride to Bedford later, I only had to rely on my feet to stop the bike once... Be back to relative functionality in the next few hours :roll:

I know :shock:

I fully plan to write a "Chinese Motorcyle Diary" for the forum when I finally get shot of it, and in the future we can just link prospective chinese bike owners to that thread instead of trying to list all the reasons every time :lol:

Gonna have fun when I sell it, firstly because there's no way I can do it with a clear conscience and secondly because if you look on Google for a review of this model, my review here on TMBF is the third result...

I know :shock:

I fully plan to write a "Chinese Motorcyle Diary" for the forum when I finally get shot of it, and in the future we can just link prospective chinese bike owners to that thread instead of trying to list all the reasons every time :lol:

Gonna have fun when I sell it, firstly because there's no way I can do it with a clear conscience and secondly because if you look on Google for a review of this model, my review here on TMBF is the third result...

Ha ha! The infamy is awesome!

Oh fudge, I've been off the forum or not on a lot so missed this ordeal!

Why were the front brake screws impossible to get out? Seized or heads rounded?

I have a spare impact driver I no longer use if the former :wink:

Easy solution. Stick some Honda badges on it and advertise it as a "Lexmonda"... No Google results for "Lexmonda reviews" anywhere on the internet.... Oh wait... D'Oh!! :)