stu ( or anyone else in the know)

littlecat

probably in the wrong section, but hey ho.

do I remember reading that you booked lumb farm again for this years rally ??

if so what's the dates, as its dog eat dog at work for holidays and I want to get mine in before some prat nicks the days

Nope

I was going to but they wanted over £500 and its not something I could afford to do and it would have made the rally way too expensive for the members!! think at least double the price of last year!!

while I'm at it I will take this opportunity to say at the moment there is no rally due to lack of a venue!! and if I dont find anywhere there wont be one for this year!! :(

but the dates I'm looking at are friday 27th June - sunday 29th June

I suggested a lovely little place last year before we found lumb farm....had been in and chatted with the owners and everything...got a campsite across the road, and more than happy to be taken over by bikers. cant remember the name off the top of my head, will have to search for the suggestions thread

The Miners Standard is a good one.

Went there before with a different forum

Quite a good site.

We used to go there......but Stu and Techno had some "issues" with the owner the last time we were there..... :roll:

I went to the Lower Lode twice last year. It was brilliant. Showers and toilets were a bit basic, but beer, food and camping were great. They have a very few rooms available , but loads of room for camping and very cheap. Lovely area too.

I was going to try to find out a bit more about the Lower Lode inn, near Tewkesbury......I think some of the guys here stayed there on another sites rally......so I'd be interested to find out what they thought of it...... 8-)

http://www.lowerlodeinn.co.uk/

Been there - Good beer, friendly landlord.

posting.php?mode=smilies&f=2#

We 'could' use the local pub in t'village. Field for camping BUT....

No toilets unless the pub is open (need to book a portaloo - Landsman (who hire these out) is literally 2 miles down the road.

Own booze during open hours is not allowed (if visible :angel12: ).

Good points:

Close to the A1/A14 corridors.

Good food.

Reasonable prices.

FREE camping.

Use of the outdoor marquee (no sides on it though).

Outdoor power sockets available (there may be a fee(?))

Breakfasts can be arranged.

BBQs allowed.

Camp fire allowed.

Over to you Stu.

:cheers:

Not sure what you mean by "costs" Ian. At Lower Lode, if you get enough campers the camping is free. I can checkout BnB costs and food is at pub prices. Breakfast is 6 or 7 quid and is massive.!!!