Failed Mod 1 Again - Anybody Else?

thanks so much for the advice guys! i never thought of looking at the gaps between the cones... that's a really good idea actually! i always try to look at the end of the slalom but occasionally end up just staring at the next cone because i think i'm going to ride into it... then the foot goes down lol

and yeah i never lean on the slalom, so gonna try that ^_^

got my 4th test tomorrow... definitely gonna pass it!!!

I PASSED!! OMG I couldn't believe it! :D Sorry I didn't post this sooner, pretty much been working over the past 24 hours lol

So yeah I did the slalom without putting my foot down, pulled up next to the examiner and I was all like ':D I did it! I did it!!' and he just laughed at me because I've had the same guy for all four tests and he knows I kept failing on that... Anyway I did everything else fine, the only minor I got was on the avoidance, I failed it at first because I only went at 46kph, then he gave me another go and I went at 48kph and he gave me a minor for it :)

OMG so relieved!! I really wasn't sure if I went fast enough on the second avoidance because I looked at my speed at I was doing just above 30mph so I thought I might have failed, and I knew that if I had passed I'd only passed with 48kph... but whatever! I passed! YAY!!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys!! Just waiting for a mod 2 date now :)

Good on ya buddy, keep it up! (They used a cancellation for my mod2 the day after my mod1- it all went so fast and I didn't get much of a choice either as I only had those 3 days off work). The one thing I was reminded about that I'm glad of because I WOULD have failed it without was the "stop" sign where you actually have to stop regardless of no traffic, I do a fair few miles on the road (not trucker kinda miles but still....) and I would have overlooked it.

Thanks guys!!

I spoke to my training school today, they've got a test available on 4th March so assuming I can get the time off work that's when I'll do my mod 2. To be honest I'm not really worried about that one, I've been riding on the road almost every day for the past 2 years and I rode to the test centre on all of my mod 1s with no problems, so... hopefully will pass this one first time!

The only thing I need to look out for is not going through red lights... I did that a couple of times when I was following my instructor ^_^' Technically I went though on amber just before it turned red, but in fairness I did have time to stop. So... need to watch out for that...

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the late news guys!!

i passed mod 2 yesterday :D And then the examiner went mad at me for getting my minors... i came out of the room and said to my instructor i don't feel like i've passed lol, but oh well... if he really had a problem with me he wouldn't have passed me, right?

anyway! so yeah got the L plates off now and changed my insurance (no change to the premium :( but then i did get pillion insurance so i think they cancelled each other out), am not thinking about whether or not it's worth upgrading my engine, right now all i do is potter about to work and back, but now that i can go on motorways i might start touring more... but then again i might not O.o will have to decide in october when my finance is finished, i'm trying not to decide on anything now lol