MyHermes cock up

Adam

So I sold my Arrow exhaust system on eBay for £250 including postage and shipped it with MyHermes, now I've never used them before but had only heard good things, the exhaust I bought came via them and was with me within a few days however..

I shipped my exhaust on Wednesday the 12th all was good I checked the tracking number and it said it had been picked up, checked it the next day and it said it was at the distribution centre, so I left it at that, I then received an email from my buyer asking if I could chase it up as it hadn't been updated on the tracking info since the 13th so I had a look and he was right. Went onto the website and found something called live chat and spoke to someone on there, told them what my problem was and the response I got was along the lines of I can't do that I'll have to pass it on to the investigations team and they'll look into it, I thought okay no problem except it takes 24-48 hours to get a reply (48 in my case) how ridiculous is that!!

Well I got a reply today and they say they can't find it and I need to fill out a lost parcel claim form, this takes up to two weeks to get a reply. Now I'm in an awkward situation because I can't really afford to refund my buyer as I've used some of the money for other things and it also says in the email if you do refund the buyer and the parcel turns up MyHermes will dismiss the claim and I'll end up out of pocket.

Really annoyed by all this because not only have they made me look like a complete idiot they've managed to lose an entire exhaust system and it wasn't small!

Luckily I paid extra to ensure the parcel was covered for up to £250 otherwise I'd be screwed!!!!

It soumds unfortunate mate but you have done all expected of youand insured it so leave them to investigate and if they dont find it claim and the buyer will be reinbursed that way. Keep in constant comms with the buyer and be as helpful as you can.

It soumds unfortunate mate but you have done all expected of youand insured it so leave them to investigate and if they dont find it claim and the buyer will be reinbursed that way. Keep in constant comms with the buyer and be as helpful as you can.

send him a link to this thread, he might join the forum :)

£20 quid that it will turn up at its destination any time between now and in three weeks.

Hermes are the most useless bunch ever. Have had my share with them, and if I told you more about it, you wouldn't possibly believe it. My guess is that one of their driver has it and will eventually deliver, but can't be bothered until more people in the same street can be served in one go. Their service/quality is unreal.

£20 quid that it will turn up at its destination any time between now and in three weeks.

Hermes are the most useless bunch ever. Have had my share with them, and if I told you more about it, you wouldn't possibly believe it. My guess is that one of their driver has it and will eventually deliver, but can't be bothered until more people in the same street can be served in one go. Their service/quality is unreal.

my thoughts too... they use freelance delivery drivers who are only doing the job because they couldn’t get a real job.

Your parcel is likely sat in the living room of a council house filled with dope smoking alcoholics, who are all too lazy to get off the sofa to deliver it.

Doesn't myhermes only use independant part time couriers, who just use their own cars after work?

Now THAT explains my experience with them, if car means it's got to have four wheels of any size.

Don't think you are obliged to give a refund until a 'reasonable' time has passed for delivery. As others have said, stay in contact with buyer and ask him to give it a few days to see if it turns up. I sent a tent on parcelfarce once and it turned up after a month.

When they get 50p to deliver a parcel there is a good chance of problems.

The problem these days is people want a £30 service for £5

If you pay a tenner for a delivery service you get a £10 delivery service.

we tried doing the delivery for them at my house as an extra earner, what a load of shit it was.

packed it in after 2 days because its w**k, and the money was shit for the effort.

as its been said, its likely in someones house waiting to be delivered when they can be arsed, or they've nicked it.

Don't think you are obliged to give a refund until a 'reasonable' time has passed for delivery. As others have said, stay in contact with buyer and ask him to give it a few days to see if it turns up. I sent a tent on parcelfarce once and it turned up after a month.

You have two sets of rules the think about. EBay rules and Hermes rules.

Assuming you used paypal, the buyer is protected so Dont worry. Wait for the parcel tonturn up. If it gets too long the buyer will open a case against you. Dont worry about that as you've done nothing wrong. Hopefully Hermes will refund you before the PayPal charge is reversed.

I'm gong to follow the MyHermes rules in terms of the refund if eBay gets involved I'll forward all the emails to them to prove that it's being dealt with I'm sure I'm not the first!

It shouldn't matter how much they get paid, that doesn't belong to them so they shouldn't keep it..

I'm gong to follow the MyHermes rules in terms of the refund if eBay gets involved I'll forward all the emails to them to prove that it's being dealt with I'm sure I'm not the first!

It shouldn't matter how much they get paid, that doesn't belong to them so they shouldn't keep it..

Be careful. If he raises a claim, ebay WILL get involved, and they WILL refund him from your paypal account, they will pay no regard to any hermes process. You could end up paying out twice.