pillion?

lee1987

I pick my gsxr 600 up on tuesday its my first sports bike and the first time im insured to have a pillion question is do i wait before letting my missus come on the back or is it not that much different than normal riding

thanks

I pick my gsxr 600 up on tuesday its my first sports bike and the first time im insured to have a pillion question is do i wait before letting my missus come on the back or is it not that much different than normal riding

thanks

remove the rear pegs, and rear seat - you dont want a pillion, they slow you down :twisted:

thanks

remove the rear pegs, and rear seat - you dont want a pillion, they slow you down :twisted:

i like that idea more but shes adamant she wants to come out every now and then wish she would do her DAS and get her own bike lol

I would at least go for a ride solo first,

maybe an hour or so just so you're

comfortable with the bike before

taking a pillion.

Then everything nice and smooth 2 up.

Thanks the plan was to leave it a week or so

Thanks for the replies I did think maybe the position would make it alot harder she wont hold onto grab rails either we will see if she carnt then she will have to get her licence

My gf came on the back of my gixer and it was the firstbike she pillioned on. She started sitting right forward and holding on good and proper but has slowly moved back and is now argue point where she holds the strap on the seat and pushes againstmy back when braking. Only time will tell. Just don't scare her lol

My gf came on the back of my gixer and it was the firstbike she pillioned on. She started sitting right forward and holding on good and proper but has slowly moved back and is now argue point where she holds the strap on the seat and pushes againstmy back when braking. Only time will tell. Just don't scare her lol

Haha yer ill try not to scare her ....... much :twisted:

Steady on there.. :D :D

Take it slow. I've never had a pillion (yet) but i've ridden pillion and it does make the balancing harder for the rider with the additional weight. Take it slow and don't scare her not worth putting her off bikes ;)

thanks

I've always thought this requirement a bit odd I mean noone has to declare passenger insurance for cars.

How is it going ? I once had a pillion that lent more inside on a turn & it changed the bikes line, yikes.

Hi, take your time and show some consideration, make sure she feels both secure and comfortable. Believe me Mate, it's far far better to have a partner who's into riding on the bike than trying to slide off to have a ride on your own with your mates. You would not believe the shit fights that break out due to folks putting there bike before there partner.

I have taken a few people pillion on my cbr600fs and it was so much easier on the fazer. Due to the seating position and lack of stuff to hole on to i find the pillion fidgets a lot more and kind of disturbs my riding. Not a but fan of it on sports bikes so far...gonna see what the missess is like then maybe get a grab rail but not to sure yet!

But take it easy! And if you are harah on your breaks, you will end up sharing your seat with the pillion!