ebay seller advice

Guest petrolhead1989

OK, its not the best.. But i feel its a very good place to start..

since 98% of people have facebook these days, and anyone can see this page...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ebay-Avo ... e=bookmark

Please start using it guys.. and share as much as we can..

get the scum off ebay!!

I already made a start.. with the buyer thats trying to scam me..

Please like the page, use it apropriately and share it with others..

:cheers:

It took a week to realise the microphone didn't work?

I'd be saying it was given to a child and has been damaged by said child. It was working when it left, she messaged to confirm she had it etc :roll:

Some people will chance it with anything.

Say if it is not resolved for the price of a new mic you will take the whole lot back with a full refund, just to ensure that no fraud is taking place. And ebay should back that notion if you portray that a partial refund of £150 asked for after a £15 component was found not to work after a week of having the product is at the very least suspicious. So to remove doubt you will take it back and cover postage.

Also please disconnect your paypal account from any card, even if you have to get a new debit card. Unlink it from your bank account.

I once had a dodgy buyer try to screw me like this. Ebay predictably sided with them but when they attempted to take payment they were met with an expired card.

I held my ground and said I would have to be taken to court for the money, and then presented my case from a legal perspective. Received numerous threats but no action taken in the end.

Set up a new paypal a year later when I had changed address :mrgreen:

After reading initial post I would have said have faith in eBay reviewing all messages and making correct decision but from your combo with them I take it that's out the question.

Unlink your PayPal account for starters and let the case run, no more messages as you will just be repeating yourself, if it's not that far away I would be inclined to go round there myself and sort it out with either a refund or a slap back into reality, never know might be nice rideout.

Hope this gets resolved,

As per above - once EBay get involved and see the non responsiveness of the knob they should look more favourably towards you. The knob is being unreasonable. You are not. Disconnect your Paypal just in case. Offer full refund and take the entire kit back. The knob's brat won't want to see it go so you'll come out ok.

i have tried unlinking my paypal from my ebay, but it states that its not allowed while i have an open case.

also cannot remove my bank details or card details from my paypal either, due to this..

i have tried unlinking my paypal from my ebay, but it states that its not allowed while i have an open case.

also cannot remove my bank details or card details from my paypal either, due to this..

not lot of ppl know but Paypal is not a bank! and not regulated like banks or credit cards are. i wouldn't trust them. try ringing your bank tell them not to let paypal take the cash! PayPal offers payment via credit cards. Use that instead of your bank, that way you can claim any cash back that paypal take from your credt card. you can also complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service

i would also keep a record of all emails, message to her and paypal, so if paypal do take mony without your permission, you then can take take her to the small claims court and claim it back + cost

Actually.. inspecting my ebay account..

My paypal is unlinked from my ebay account, and they are still continuing to take the money for the open case...

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo92/Badboyazza_2009/ebay_zpsc6f9e4e9.jpg

But i have deleted the paypal direct debit on my bank. i dont know if it would make a differencem, but worth a try

It won't make any difference. PayPal, if they decide to refund the seller will refund them which will then put your account into a minus figure and that's when they'll ask you for the money back

If eBay rule in favour of the buyer they'll refund them and tell you that's what they've done, then they'll give you 10 days (I think) before they take the money from your account. That's what happened to me when the exhaust I sent went missing and I was trying to claim the money back from MyHermes. eBay have some stupid rules especially the money back guarantee for the buyer, what about the seller?!

I know..

Thing is.. I havent got the money to refund her..

I needed to use that money to buy baby items, as i found out my partner is pregnant..

So i dont know what to do...

What's happening to you is wrong and it's about time ebay changed things..

Put her on your favourite sellers list and when she puts something up for sale get a mate do the same to her.

Thanks for that zipster..

Im having a hassle of a time mentally about it all..

I have a low income as it is.. and struggle to keep rent payed and bills payed as it is..

Every penny of that money has gone on baby things, and i have no way of finding another £300 if the case goes in favour of the buyer..

overdrawn £300 in my bank wont go down too good, as next weeks payday is rent money..

So if the case goes in the buyers favour, and i have to full refund, I will also lose my house too, as my landlord is very strict about rent being payed on time...

I dont know about you, but i worry alot about money issues..

It keeps me awake at night :roll:

no mate, its not resolved..

It is actually going to ebay for final decision tomorrow (14th).. so no doubt i will be minus £300 in my bank account after tonight :(

Thats the very last time i sell something on ebay..

So you get the Xbox one back?

Can you not tell the bank to block any payment to eBay? Or PayPal? They aren't an authority, they shouldn't be able to just take money from you without a court order or your explicit permission.

To be honest, I'd be round that house with the cash demanding the Xbox back.

So you get the Xbox one back?

Can you not tell the bank to block any payment to eBay? Or PayPal? They aren't an authority, they shouldn't be able to just take money from you without a court order or your explicit permission.

To be honest, I'd be round that house with the cash demanding the Xbox back.

of course, i should get the xbox one back.. BUT.. i very much doubt i will.. After they got their money back, i doubt they would care about posting the xbox back...

Making the whole point of the scam.. get an xbox one, and it didnt cost ya anything...

if ebay side with the buyer and you lose every penny plus your xbox one, i would be writing to the newspapers and sorting my options out at the CAB. ebay dont like it when stuff like this gets into the media, and from what ive read of others who have taken it to small claims court ebay always settle, but make a condition that you cant speak of it in public.

i would not let this drop, if ebay side with the buyer, the amount of money plus the goods just is not wroth thinking about losing. were not talking about a couple of quid.

this is a xbox one plus 300 quid, this is fraud. dont let them get away with it.

if im correct paypal is paid via direct debit out of bank account you can walk into your bank and cancel it at any point you wish to and if they do reclaim the money through it then you have the direct debit mandate service to go through to reclaim it from paypal

Yeah, i have canceled the direct debit from paypal to my bank EAB..

Im just checking my ebay constantly today, to see if buyer has let it go to ebay for action :(

Well if anything happens.. Ive got their address... Lets just say i will be putting my helmet and gloves on, with a full tank of fuell..

I wont say anymore than that.. Coz then its on a public forum..

But lets just say... £300 would be recovered.. Plus extra for my troubles :lol:

Ive got their address...

Ive got two big dogs who do a lot of poo... let me know her address and i'll be able to ensure she gets a few parcels through the post that she wont want to be keeping..