Saturday 13th September: B roads in Kent!

Guest Phil Young

Just plotted (what looks to be) a really good ride through Sevenoaks/Penshurst/Edenbridge for an afternoon ride this Saturday. Never done the route but plotted on gmaps and sent to my phone for an adventure! Looking to meet at 2pm, location TBC but will be somewhere around the M25/A21 junction.

Weather looks good - clouds and sun!

Any takers?

Will do in a bit but I'd suggest, as it's only a 45min route, do it then someone else that knows the road (you) offer up another route.

I quite like the idea of making a route through gmaps and seeing how it pans out.

You could change the start location to the "Hotel 7 Diner" its a cool biker friendly American style diner on the A224

http://www.7hoteldiner.co.uk/diner/home-diner.aspx

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Travel/Late_offers/pictures/2010/9/21/1285065359546/7-Hotel--Diner-006.jpg

End location, the White Hart on the A225 (where we stopped off last time) - its a nice biker friendly pub.

You master - saw that place a few weeks back and thought I must go there. Oreo milkshake before we start I think!

Start and end I hadn't actually thought of which is a bit silly of me but yeah, good call.

Something like this:

Clicky Here

Start at the 7diner, head west along the A25 - some nice villages to see with some faster sections,

Down the A22 - stop off at the Motorbike Centre and perv over some bikes,

Head East cross country through some crazy back roads. quite twisty, with mud and poo on the roads to spice things up a bit ;)

Finally cross over the A21, up River Hill with the nice grippy uphill chicane after the roundabout, before stopping off at the White Hart to discuss the ride.

EDIT: maybe adjust the route to travel further south for Megawatt - doubt he'll want to come all the way up north...

Loads of good roads in that area , apart from gravel everywhere at moment. A264 is a crackin road, but probs busy on a Saturday. B roads probably best. Isn't A25 busy and heavily policed Joe?

Shiiiiittt, just remembered, got a ZXR750 to service on Saturday. Bugger :cry:

Loads of good roads in that area , apart from gravel everywhere at moment. A264 is a crackin road, but probs busy on a Saturday. B roads probably best.

Shiiiiittt, just remembered, got a ZXR750 to service on Saturday. Bugger :cry:

A264 to A228 then onto Seven Mile Lane - thats roads like a roller coaster - pull some real g-force in the big dips!

Yes, i think you mentioned the ZXR service when we met up... im actually not sure if i can make it yet - need to arrange a pass from the mrs..

Don't worry about Glorian... he'll be there because he knows deep down I will take it as a personal insult if he doesn't :twisted: I'll forgive him for the last one but he OWES us a ride so he HAS to come :mrgreen:

As for the rest... I'm just going to threaten them with physical violence and hope for the best lol.

Hahaha, I think i can make this one. Will try drag KD79 along from ipswich so i have someone to ride down south with!! Any chance we can meet a little earlier ?

This cold seems to be going now and the bike was running fine this morning so should all be good!!

You dudes thought about adding an overnight stop on one of your ride outs?

There are some great roads further to the east but that might be a bit much for a one dayer.

There are some of those camping/pod things somewhere near Deal which are pretty cheap and cheerful. :-)

Glorian... no can do worth the time bud, but you are in our debt now so you have no choice! :twisted:

No over nighters for me Fro man, I don't mind 6 hours on the bike ;)

Told the missus she's on her own saturday then! Haha. She blew me off thursday for our plans so now we're even!

See you then will leave colchester about 12/12:30

There is an art to getting permission for a ride out. The secret is timing.

I need to wait long enough for her to have forgotten i was out all afternoon Sunday, but not so long that she books something else up...

Joe you've got it wrong mate...

You start early!!! It all starts with planting the seed a week before with something like this: "I think it's so good we have a relationship where we can do our own things..."

Glorian... you are not allowed to cancel. I will come to every house in Colchester until I find you and then chain you to your bike!