Saturday 13th September: B roads in Kent!

Guest Phil Young

Nice to meet you all today.

Really joyed the ride today lady and gents. had a fab time. Even if i did manage to lose you all :oops:

Now I can put names to faces :D

cor i ache now, must be getting old :lol:

Hello chaps :)

Just this moment got in, was a cracking good day, glad to put names to faces and I'll definitely be in the Sevenoaks area more often. I found a nice shortcut getting back.

KD! I had you in my wing mirror for a bit and then you vanished, when I went by the split in the motorway I knew that was that with people finding their way as there was no where to pull up and be a marker. :lol:

Hope to see you guys again, certainly need to make the most of this weather while it lasts :thumb:

Great rideout guys.nice to meet you all.

Hope everyone got home OK, and we must do it again soon..

Also, for the guys at the end, the spirited lap of the town was good. Next time we can try some more twisty roads ;)

Hello chaps :)

Just this moment got in, was a cracking good day, glad to put names to faces and I'll definitely be in the Sevenoaks area more often. I found a nice shortcut getting back.

KD! I had you in my wing mirror for a bit and then you vanished, when I went by the split in the motorway I knew that was that with people finding their way as there was no where to pull up and be a marker. :lol:

Hope to see you guys again, certainly need to make the most of this weather while it lasts :thumb:

Yes, I got stuck in a slow lane, and by the time I got into a faster one couldn't see anyone, t'was 50 50 at the split. I ended up heading towards hastings, didn't catch anyone up so figured had gone the wrong way, easily found my way home though. thoroughly enjoyable day!.

Yes, I got stuck in a slow lane

The throttle will cure that next time this happens :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a good ride (minus the blips). If anyone has any footage I'd appreciate it being shared with me to go into a little video :)

Also, for the guys at the end, the spirited lap of the town was good. Next time we can try some more twisty roads ;)

Wish I was part of that!

On the way home did find some lovely bends, that S-bend was brilliant and it even came with a complimentary porche 911 to charge after who was also having fun with it :lol:

Couldn't do much more as was way too tired, me and Moo have only been back in the UK for a few days from Florida and with my 5:30 starts in the morning we were both feeling drowsy :?

If you have fast pace rideouts planned and I'm out on my own one day drop a pm and I can be in Sevenoaks within half an hour :wink:

Yeah the s-bend on the hill is good fun. With a lambo, bently, aston martin, and used supercar sales place in sevenoaks and porsche dealer in tonbridge, theres always a good selection of supercars in the area to play with.

The white hart is a good biker friedly meeting place too.

Great roasts on a Sunday ;)

Moo - upload your photos!! I need to change my avatar :)

Good day folks, nice to meet you all yesterday and a nice ride even though the last bit was a bit miss judged lol. Sorry I didn't have time to get back to the final point but food rules along with everything that goes with it hehe, it'll be good to see the footage if there's any :scratch: I've been non stop from getting in with trying to get a few bits sorted for tomorrow but I've got as much done as I can so the rest will have to wait :oops: Lets hope the weather holds off so we can get a few more in before the snow lol, you never know we might be able to get a few more up for it if you come north of the Thames (you never know) and I'll be able to show you some of the pretty sights of Finchingfield and the like :thumb: many thanks to Phil for leading and poor Joe for moping up the rear but alls well that ends well :cheers:

Moo - upload your photos!! I need to change my avatar :)

I'm getting there (that pic's so cool haha!), I just downloaded a trial version of Photoshop cos I don't have it on my Mac - this is the longest I've not used PS and I got a bit excited trying to make average compact camera pictures look okay haha! And then spent the whole afternoon and evening at my dad's for a Sunday roast - with a job inbetween that I shared with him while my stepmum cooked the roast and Fozzles fixed their rotovator hahaha!! :lol: Hope to have them uploaded tonight, if not by tomorrow afternoon - which is more likely :mrgreen:

Twas much fun, thanks lovelies! And great to meet more TMBF-ers :thumb: .

Hope to see you again soon - might leave Fozzle's to the rideout if it's more 'spirited' and meet you at the pub after on Ermintrude (AKA Ermin-turd)! I know REALLY well how to get to Sevenoaks via the M25 now...this time I will hit the A roads when travelling on my own tho hahahaha!... :oops:

and meet you at the pub after on Ermintrude (AKA Ermin-turd)! I know REALLY well how to get to Sevenoaks via the M25 now...this time I will hit the A roads when travelling on my own tho hahahaha!... :oops: [/color]

Cheeeeese

Good day folks, nice to meet you all yesterday and a nice ride even though the last bit was a bit miss judged lol. Sorry I didn't have time to get back to the final point but food rules along with everything that goes with it hehe, it'll be good to see the footage if there's any :scratch: I've been non stop from getting in with trying to get a few bits sorted for tomorrow but I've got as much done as I can so the rest will have to wait :oops: Lets hope the weather holds off so we can get a few more in before the snow lol, you never know we might be able to get a few more up for it if you come north of the Thames (you never know) and I'll be able to show you some of the pretty sights of Finchingfield and the like :thumb: many thanks to Phil for leading and poor Joe for moping up the rear but alls well that ends well :cheers:

Cheers John, no need to mop you up, from where I was it looked like you were making great progress cutting your way back through the pack. Some good skills there mate :)

Moo if you wanted them done in 30mins you could just send them my way ;) :lol:

Like I said, I was having fun :wink: also I've been using PS for 10 years, I'm pretty speedy, had a whole lot of pictures but not much time!

God Macs are annoying for photo viewing and organisation!

I'm new to the marker system used the other day btw!

What are the rules for overtaking? I wondered about working my way through the pack as you do on some rideouts when a gap opens between the guy leading the chap in front of you and you can fill it but didn't know if that was how it worked :scratch:

Only downside I could think of is it might make the group leader push harder and we become more separated from those happy to cruise :)

I'm new to the marker system used the other day btw!

What are the rules for overtaking? I wondered about working my way through the pack as you do on some rideouts when a gap opens between the guy leading the chap in front of you and you can fill it but didn't know if that was how it worked :scratch:

Only downside I could think of is it might make the group leader push harder and we become more separated from those happy to cruise :)

You ride your own ride Chris.

If I had someone behind me that was a bit speedy, I'd give it some too. As long as the leader has a couple of markers behind him/her then it's fine.

I did slow down or wait quite a lot but that's just how it goes.

As for over taking - do it! Let slower riders catch up, with the system we used, it wasn't about staying together as a group - it was about making sure everyone finds their own way safely and in their own time.

I think one time me and Daniel was 1-2 miles ahead of everyone because he pushed me to go faster, i left him marked at a roundabout and waited for someome to catch me up a little way up from that.

As for over taking - do it! Let slower riders catch up, with the system we used, it wasn't about staying together as a group - it was about making sure everyone finds their own way safely and in their own time.

I think one time me and Daniel was 1-2 miles ahead of everyone because he pushed me to go faster, i left him marked at a roundabout and waited for someome to catch me up a little way up from that.

Nice one :thumb:

I didn't want to annoy anyone by whizzing by in case it was a formation style rideout so just held my spot.

Looking forward to a bit more ham fisted-ness next time :wink:

Any idea where I add rideout pics on here...I'd have thought under Gallery (top right hand side of forum) and Rideout pics...but looking at that I'm thinking maybe not as all the pics on there are mine and mine only that Stu had to upload for me ages ago (because it says I don't have authorisation)?!! LOL!

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/gallery/album.php?album_id=169 ...

I have 51 pics...not gonna photobucket them all and add individually - don't want to put on my Flickr either, only shot on my compact...

Any ideas? I'm about to upload them to Facebook. Glorian, and whoever else wants to - add me: Louise Hickling :mrgreen:

259939924_ScreenShot2014-09-15at16_28_47.png.4500f262f21c11e0c3caa7b56b839f01.png