Laser tattoo removal?

GazW

After my latest session of tattooing on my arm, the tattooist has advised it may be better to have a couple of sessions on a cross I had when I was 18 (not even a Christian, just an idiot) so we can continue my arm without having to have a large block of colour to cover it up.

Has anyone had it? I've heard it's meant to be worse than the initial tattoo?

Phil Young is exactly right it feels like hot oil being spattered on you. I've had it done on my fingers to remove some unwanted tattoos and it hasn't left any scarring whatsoever, you can tattoo over areas that have been lasered no worries. Go for it, the tattooist knows what he's talking about.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/25/y2u3a4ah.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/25/ehygu3un.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/25/4uvenahy.jpg

You can see the cross there either side of the tattoos making up the rest of my forearm.

I'm not getting it removed to the point of being invisible, I'm getting it faded slightly so that are is free to fill in

You'll need around two sessions to get that faded to the point where you can cover it up satisfactorily, I had a cover up done on my arm a long time ago and the old tattoo still shows slightly but things have come a long way since then! Go for the laser treatment, the pain is bearable almost hypnotic I'd say!

Hi - im 4 hours into a new half sleeve, and had 3 lazer removal sessions on a 20 year old tattoo first.

I had a tribal black thing, pointless, thats what happens when your 17 and want to rebel..

3 sessions, lasted no more than 5 mins each session, yes it burns a little, left NO scarring at all.. now the new ink is over it and you cant see a thing. 3 more sessions of shading and detail on the 22nd and then i will be all done. Been wanting this for the past few years, so for me getting the removal was all part of the journey.

WARNING however - do NOT get lazer removal from a back street tattooist shop. Most of these places use cheap lazers from China that have very little monitoring, have they been serviced? what trainig has the tatooist done etc etc.. these are the places where people often get burned and left with scar tissue. Go to a proper health centre with the NHS funded machines (you can still make a private appointment). These machines are about £250k each, serviced monthly, and operated by trained professionals. Cant stress that enough, as I know of a few back street horror stories..

I can fully recommend Jooli at this place... Superb

http://www.nclp.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...
1st session today, it's marginally more painful than a tattoo, but unlike a tattoo, there's barely any discomfort afterwards.

And you do this... For fun? :shock:

No, for fun I shove knitting needles down my knob.

This is just a hobby.

I still personally think that any tattooist who needs you to have laser removal in order for them to work you a cover up is a lazy arse totally lacking in imagination.... but then I have only been tattooing for about 13 years, was only a professional artist ( non tattoo ) for about 10 years , and am a girl to boot... so probably know nothing :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still personally think that any tattooist who needs you to have laser removal in order for them to work you a cover up is a lazy arse totally lacking in imagination.... but then I have only been tattooing for about 13 years, was only a professional artist ( non tattoo ) for about 10 years , and am a girl to boot... so probably know nothing :lol: :lol: :lol:

A block colour that size won't fit with what I've got planned for it, but yeah, you clearly know all about what I want and what me and the artist have talked about from the paragraph or two I've put on here.

You do come across as quite condescending, I really don't care about how long you've done X for and how you've done Y for, that's not what I asked, and you feel the need to chip in with little digs, for what reason exactly?

I spent a long time after my first two shite tattoos finding an artist who I was happy with both as an artist and as a person who got my ideas for what I wanted, and you think because we decided a better end result could be achieved by getting the tattoo broken down a bit, that he's a lazy artist?

The end result is on my arm for life, I couldn't care less about your opinions on tattooists, I want it to be right.

We talked through the options of doing it both ways, he was willing to attempt to go over it without any lasering, but he felt a better end result would be achieved by breaking it up. I was inclined to agree.

Cheers for the input though, it's much appreciated.

Personal opinions, like ar*eholes aren't they?

ermmmm...absolutely no idea why you felt the need to have such a personal attack... I simply stated my personal opinion... which has no bearing on you or your decisions/preferences.

I shall **** off from your thread now , but still reserve the right to an opinion.... please feel free to point out that that isn't welcome next time you post a thread asking for thoughts on a public forum

http://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=11939

This picture is now relevant to this thread... 2nd in a week!!!

I better go and make more popcorn... The rate this going we'll have another counter steering thread before you know it!

Seeing you mentioned it first....

I have tried 'g@@gle' and 'Tat@@' Forum' but can find no link to Countersteering apart from your post - Therefore, using statistical analasis (bloody spell-checker) as employed by only ther best politicians, I can confirm that the requirement for removal of a (all) tatoo(s) by laser treatment is a direct product of NOT talking about countersteering.

NB.. Also 'Nodding' seems to have the same result as above.

:mrgreen: