UK Challenge 100 2015 Discussion Thread

Grumpy Old Git

http://www.cruiserforum.co.uk/pics/1_1.jpg

Looks like your bike is into weird body piercings!!

Always amazes me how screws and nails get stuck in tyres. Are they sat on the road poking upwards waiting for us to ride over them??

did my pictures not count due to me being a doofus and forgetting my card....?

Yes, though......I forgot my number once and borrowed a pen a piece of paper from the cafe/pub I was outside to photo. So long as it is your number showing, it counts.

Had a great day in the Oxfordshire Gloucestershire Berkshire and Buckinghamshire Countryside today.I had my Waze set to avoid main roads so the challenge tags took a few more miles but the scenery was well worth it.

There are some beautiful places in this country and this challenge is a great way of seeing some

Did Wales Sunday / Monday. Got soaked on Sunday.

Lost the small 'lid' off my right-hand pannier somewhere between Llanthony Priory and Ashford (Nr M5). Must have been insecure and the wind ripped it off - Never heard or felt a thing!

:shock:

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from doing the Devon/ Cornwall areas. Just over 700 miles in 2 days.

Lost a couple of hours and several miles when my nav system lost signal but got there in the end :mrgreen:

And tonight just as I was leaving the m4 for the m25 the mount holding my phone snapped off leaving it dangling by the power cable!

I shall be calling Ultimate addons the tomorrow.

Pics will be on tomorrow :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

980+ miles in two days is too much for my back, hips, knees, neck! I've also now got a headache (probably dehydration). :roll:

If you are looking to split a weekend near Hawick - I recomend the Glenn Hotel in Selkirk (at £50 a night it is very good).

Some cracking roads - The A7 is good most of the way. 8-)

Weather was showery with some VERY stong winds - 125 owners would have struggled, I was blown over the centre line coming across the 'tops' in Cumbria. :o

Just one (fairly major) mistake. Instead of LA2 8DF (Elaine's Tea rooms), I entered LA8 8DF and ended up in a small village in the middle of nowhere (dead end) and I managed to drop the bike onto me (and a hedge) as i got off it to check the map. Could I lift it back up - could I hell as like! Anyhoo, got a strong farmer chap to help. No damage (apart from pride that is!). :oops:

Nevertheless - Back on top of the leaderboard (for now). 8-)

• 1 month later...

I think that I've just completed my final trip for 2015 - Scored another 250 points doing the South-West over August Bank Holiday. Traffic was horrendous and the weather was a tad 'damp'.

Anyhoo - that is the target to beat boys and girls - The gauntlet is thrown!

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...