UK Challenge 100 2015 Discussion Thread

Grumpy Old Git

Its all about the bike, the bike no peddles....

Aint there a song about that?

'It's all about the bike, 'bout the bike, no peddles ... My momma told me, don't worry about your bike. She said ... boys like a little more cc's to hold up right. I won't be no moped or pushbike rider man ... so if that's what your into then you can just move along. You know I'm all about the bike, 'bout the bike no peddles' :D

Edited by Phooey

Out of interest, what's the reasoning behind people having to use a different number to the previous year? At first I guessed it was to prevent cheating, but then quickly realised it couldn't be as the tags change every year so you couldn't reuse old photos.

Ollie:

1) Allows folk to get 'that special number' that they wanted last year but someone else had already selected it.

2) People could still 'cheat' by taking pictures of anything that looked 'intersting' but not on that year's list or, think about the Pub tags - These have some duplications.

3) Why not change numbers - It is not very onerous or expensive to make a new 'notice' each year.

4) Because it is (currently) my game and therefore you play by my 'rules' - Yahboo sucks!

5) I can't think of another reason.

:cheers:

Mostly good reasons, although I don't get why anyone would bother cheating when the only prize is the fun of the rides :|

And in answer to number 3, I was deliberating getting some vinyl stickers made up for my windscreen instead of having a bit of laminated paper. I suppose if I try to get 10 as my number next year and then 1 or 0 the year after I'll still save a few pennies... :lol:

anyone tried calculating the shortest route between all points??

Not yet!

I imported it all into tyre and it works out a start and finish based on the order they are typed in

It calculated 12,000 miles :lol:

Obviously not the shortest route!

Mostly good reasons, although I don't get why anyone would bother cheating when the only prize is the fun of the rides :|

And in answer to number 3, I was deliberating getting some vinyl stickers made up for my windscreen instead of having a bit of laminated paper. I suppose if I try to get 10 as my number next year and then 1 or 0 the year after I'll still save a few pennies... :lol:

If you wish, I'll print your number, laminate it for you and you can collect it?

I have a printer and laminater at my desk, but thank you for the offer :)

Still going to look into vinyl stickers. I have a habit of setting off on my rides without my bit of laminated paper - much harder for me to forget my windscreen.

Ya boo sucks was a particularly good reason.

Won't be getting anymore tags until the weather warms up a bit and the nights get longer :oops: :crybaby:

puff

:seeya:

:lol: :lol:

I was down at my lock up today where my bike is and I kept looking at it thinking I want to get out but I'm a fag and its too cold :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so we know that some Grumpy Old Git is probably going to be at the top of the challenge leader board :D but, is there a way of listing the points so that we can see who we are chasing?

Might inject a little competition and make things a little more interesting. Apologies if this rediculous idea has already been considered and rejected.

Ok - I'll put up a total score (on the registration page) once per month. OK?

Otherwise, just look at the 'Pictures' thread and the scores are adjacent to the memmers profile.

I'll maintain a scores table and have added it to the registration thread. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
I was going to update it monthly, do you want it as people score?

Don't update it again is my advice....

Challenge table - As of 01/02/15

First month done and it was the highest scoring opening month I can remember, mostly due to the good weather for the first couple of weeks. Come on those still to score! get on yer bikes.

GOG - 130

onesea - 80

CB999 - 70

A Heavy Sake Jar - 60

How the hell did I end up second, will not happen again so don't update it :D

• 2 weeks later...
Not really in the spirit of the Challenge.

We are accepting 'The Cock Inn' as well as The Cock.

Sorry but we have to draw the line somewhere.

:(

No worries the next nearest Cock Inn is 70 odd miles away compared with 30, so it was worth the question.

I will see how I do for collecting Tags now they are getting further away...