Is it a crime in 2015?

tuktuk

To wear a bum bag on the bike?

Im an 80's child and seeing the socks and sandal wearing man with the Donnay fanny pack was always cringeworthy.

But ive had to do it. Ive had to join that group and buy a belt bag as having my phone/wallet/keys in the little pocket inside my leathers just isnt working out.

Anyone else guilty of this fashion crime?

Shame on you Tuk. I'm going to come round to your place and swap your ZX6r for a C50.

If you can't carry all your stuff then simply; you have too much stuff!

Its just such a practical solution, so much that i can overlook how wrong im going to look.

Blame Dainese for the stupidly small pocket in my suit!

it can't be all that 'wrong' If Dainese - those paragons of italian fashion and style make a bum bag themselves!!

(at a price - obviously)

http://data.motorama.it/imgprodotto/25256_zoom.jpg

I've just bought one to make into a small camera bag. But I also fall in to the category of folk who don't care what others think. I dislike taking backpacks everywhere, and my shoulders suffer if I carry too much weight on only one of them so messenger and sling bags are out.

The bag I have bought however is described as a "lumber bag". New lingo for a bum bag ;-)

But I also fall in to the category of folk who don't care what others think.

Thats quite understandable.. because nobody actually cares!! the idea that some passerby is going to point and laugh at a biker because they happen to be using a bum bag (or lumber bag) is a fairly daft idea.

This falls into the same ridiculous category as people who have major issues with the idea of anyone - let alone themselves wearing Hi-Viz. or a plain white helmet. or riding a 125cc scooter on those days when pulling out the Panigale, or the classic 916 Senna from the triple garage is too much like hard work. It seems to me a peculiarly British affliction to really care what some random stranger in the street might think about you. or indeed some random strangers on an internet forum.

If you really want to know about how little people care.. go to Italy. riding on a 2015 Panigale. you will be completely ignored. but.. if you happen to be riding a classic 60s Vespa. you'll be mobbed.

Yep guilty here too. I have something more like large money belt that I put my phone, keys, visor cleaner in leaving my pockets clear for ciggies, wallet and change. Don't give a damn as I look like Max Wall in my leathers anyway. :lol:

I've got a Kriega bum bag that I use from time to time.......what does it look like?.....I'm sorry, you appear to be confusing me with someone who gives a f*ck....... :wink: :lol: :lol:

I have one and wear it if i need to take few more bits or wearing my waterproof suit as i have no pockets in it, plus dont care what people think. I wouldn't wear one on a beach in yarmouth how ever like my stepdad used to

But I also fall in to the category of folk who don't care what others think.

Thats quite understandable.. because nobody actually cares!! the idea that some passerby is going to point and laugh at a biker because they happen to be using a bum bag (or lumber bag) is a fairly daft idea.

This falls into the same ridiculous category as people who have major issues with the idea of anyone - let alone themselves wearing Hi-Viz. or a plain white helmet. or riding a 125cc scooter on those days when pulling out the Panigale, or the classic 916 Senna from the triple garage is too much like hard work. It seems to me a peculiarly British affliction to really care what some random stranger in the street might think about you. or indeed some random strangers on an internet forum.

If you really want to know about how little people care.. go to Italy. riding on a 2015 Panigale. you will be completely ignored. but.. if you happen to be riding a classic 60s Vespa. you'll be mobbed.

Theres something wrong with plain white helmets? And i have a top box all the time, leave the giant panniers in the garage

Anyone remember Mr Motivator? He wore one.... That's the image that springs to mind when someone says "bum bag" or "fanny pack" as they are known in the states...