Job vacancy - Motorcycle Lecturer, SW London

BikerMooFromMars

So my hours are going to be cut shorter at work and I was looking for an extra job/different temporary job/agency job until we move, and came across this on Reed...

http://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/motorcycle-lecturer/27849289#/jobs/temporary?location=sm26rw

Requirements:-

> Motorcycle Qualifications

> Teaching Qualification

> Enhanced DBS or be willing to complete one

> Industry experience

Hope this might help someone in need of a career change with the right qualifications :thumb: .

Now that would be a dream job ... :) I might have been tempted myself if I knew what the hell I was talking about. I meet all requirements apart from industry experience. I guess that is the most important though. lol

Now that would be a dream job ... :) I might have been tempted myself if I knew what the hell I was talking about. I meet all requirements apart from industry experience. I guess that is the most important though. lol

Might be worth a go!!! :thumb: You could be their best applicant for all you know! Could at least enquire if you're interested - and watch some motorbike school teaching vids on YouTube to get an idea of what to say to students etc. I think you'd find the words if you had a noob to train though 8-) .

Out of interest because I've not got a clue as to what one is... What exactly is a motorcycle lecturer?

It sounds like an excruciatingly vague job title and could be almost anything!

Yeah, is it in motorcycle maintenance, design engineering, riding/racing them, history, culture?

Sounds like they could do with a lecturer in writing job descriptions.

I could lecture in motorcycle appreciation maybe

It will be a motorcycle engineer lecturer. Likely discussing modules like suspension and brakes, frame and engine, and aerodynamic design etc.

Basically if you've worked in a design office for a automotive company and understand the various components and their impact on each other from a design point of view you've got the experience they want and all you need is a qualification to teach.

Would be my dream job too! Other than actually designing the engines.

If you are suitable qualified most colleges allow you to study for a Teaching qualification while on the job

Where I used to work some engineering lecturers had been there 7 years but not started TQF

There was a shortage of lecturers and they could not be spared for 1 day a week on a course

• 1 month later...

A motorcycle lecturer will be someone like me, with a motorcycle engineering degree and a teaching degree who can teach in all aspects of motorcycles from maintenance to CAD and CFD, materials , manufacturing and many other aspects.

shame they are not paying london wages. and i am already teaching.