Bright white lights

Glorian

My Merc has auto hold too. But I have the distronic option. When it sits in traffic, It doesn't hold the brake lights on. It's holding the brake "on it's own" and will move off on it's own too. Only slowing down does it put them on. Infact, I think it puts them on if it's the last car in the queue. Until another joins. I'll test this :thumb:

:shock: Is this the beginning of the robot uprising? My last car had lights that came on when you pressed stuff and went off when you stopped pressing stuff :lol:

We are edging towards automatic cars that drive you to your destination.

Imagine a system that will solve most congestion issues, and be safer for bikes.

For manually driven vehicles the system will just play by the rules of the road, and have some settings for filtering in with manually driven cars/bikes.

Will also hurt the government as speed cameras will become more or less obsolete, and in my eyes that's a beautiful thing :lol:

I'd rather have the speed cameras and use my loaf and have fun, than lose cameras and be governed by a computer on the roads ;)

Let's hope that never happens!

Some cars with DSG gearboxes and adaptive cruise control can pretty much drive themselves!!

All you have to do is steer!

Get in traffic and they will speed up or slow down with the car in front!

Some cars with DSG gearboxes and adaptive cruise control can pretty much drive themselves!!

I don't have to even steer mine. It'll do that itself too! :)

is that the system that only works below a certain speed?

I know some of the MERC trucks have it fitted

is that the system that only works below a certain speed?

I know some of the MERC trucks have it fitted

Kinda. Completely autonomous below 40. After that it assists but does most of it. No input from the driver for a short period message on dash. Then it turns off with a pong

Kinda. Completely autonomous below 40. After that it assists but does most of it. No input from the driver for a short period message on dash. Then it turns off with a pong

Sounds like what I've got on the Volvo. It'll ping pong between the lines of the lane for a bit before it gets angry and makes lots of noise.

I had to take mine to a dealer to adjust the aim on my headlights though as there is no manual adjustment.

Sounds like what I've got on the Volvo. It'll ping pong between the lines of the lane for a bit before it gets angry and makes lots of noise.

I had to take mine to a dealer to adjust the aim on my headlights though as there is no manual adjustment.

Sounds similar. Mine stays pretty true to the middle though. Even above 40 with no assistance.... ;)

Hate people sitting on their brakes in traffic, red led's blazing into the retina :evil:

Ditto that ! My eyes get tired quite easily at night with all the blinding lights and without sitting behind one with their foot on the brake !! I sometimes have to shield my eyes as they are too intense .