cbr600rr trackbike. winter service.

Its miles easier dropping the motor

I wish I had dropped mine to be honest but I have lost all enthusiasm :?

when you get yours remapped let them know you have changed the stat to a cooler one as they will need to get it up to temperature so its running on the hot map otherwise the readings will be way off and it will be a waste of time and money!

you also need to find out when your hot map comes in and make sure the bike stays above that temp

its usually around about 75°c

if with the new stat its not above that then you will be loosing power and not running on the custom map that the power commander is set up for :D

I doubt you will have a problem but its something to be aware of

Bloody good point. I never thorght of telling them.

Tbf ive done a day on the new stat.

Still runs hot but not as hot as before.

Still around 100°c.

Thats the fluid temp as it comes out the engine. Ive been thinking about fitting a sensor after the rad.

A lad who used to race a cbr600rr told me he removed some fins of the impellor in the pump. I think he said 3 so it was still balanced and he said that made his cooler.

Not sure, but if i can get a cheap impellor i might give it ago if im still running hot.

Titanium rear disc bolts.

One was stuck fast when i removed the disc so i had to beat it out.

they weigh nothing, i bet 3 of the titanium ones weigh as much as one steel one.

weight reduction.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/vtrdonk/Cars/20151212_144334_zpsvaoqy7tv.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/vtrdonk/Cars/20151213_111536_zps9djkllzp.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/vtrdonk/Cars/20151213_111929_zpsukxxqm5j.jpg

The paint isnt patchy lol its condensation.

Ok I give up. What's a pair valve?

Ok I give up. What's a pair valve?

introduces fresh air in to the exhaust at tick over to weaken the mixture for emmisions tests

Ah ok.

So its another con that they have to do to cheat the emmisions. Like the old power curve flat spot at around 4000 revs on all bikes in the 70's/80's. It just shows what a load of old bollocks these tests and their results are.