Six30

<t>In or Out</t>  

79 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out

• In
    • Out
    • Haven't got the foggiest!

Question

have any of you actually registered to vote for the referendum?

You must register otherwise you can't vote

Dont think you are already registered

If you've voted before ,your on the electoral roll and your registered .

And that is the mistake people are making

You are not registered you need to register

Question

mistake?

I voted in the last election.. since then Ive done nothing. I know Im (still) registered because only a few weeks ago I received a poll card for the Police and crime commissioner election on May 5th.

I just looked at the electoral commission website and they say this vote is actually no different to any other national vote.. no special action required. They do advise checking you're on the electoral roll.. and give guidance on how to check that.

so Im completely at a loss trying to understand this 'mistake".

If you voted in the general. have not moved house.. then you're on the roll and a card will nearer the time pop through the letterbox.

Edited by Anonymous

Question

If you are on the register you can vote in the referendum

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/upcoming-elections-and-referendums/eu-referendum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Big problem we have is that if the Out vote is successfully, it will be the current government who want to stay in who have the job of organising the split.

Can't trust them to do a good job of something they don't want to do, and warned everyone not to do.

They'll make a right pigs ear of the whole thing just so they can say "told you so" and put up all our taxes to cover the costs if thier incompetence.

Doomed either way.

Big problem we have is that if the Out vote is successfully, it will be the current government who want to stay in who have the job of organising the split.

Can't trust them to do a good job of something they don't want to do, and warned everyone not to do.

They'll make a right pigs ear of the whole thing just so they can say "told you so" and put up all our taxes to cover the costs if thier incompetence.

Doomed either way.

Then they'll get voted out in general election.... and another party can rape us ... sort out their mess I mean. :D

The OUT camp don't want us to be dictated to by Brussels; the IN camp don't want us to lose our international influence. There is a solution that should keep both sides happy: we must invade mainland Europe and bring them all under the imperialist yoke.

Who's with me?

The OUT camp don't want us to be dictated to by Brussels; the IN camp don't want us to lose our international influence. There is a solution that should keep both sides happy: we must invade mainland Europe and bring them all under the imperialist yoke.

Who's with me?

Sounds like a plan. :thumb:

Who's with me?

*checks diary* I can do the weekend of the 14/15 May?

Doomed either way.

The trouble is that twat Corbyn is also now a turncoat who now thinks we should stay in. So even if we vote leave and then vote the tories out at the next election than we will still have a party in power who now want us to stay in Europe. I don't see how someone who says he has priciples and has voted against the EU lots of times can now have the bare faced cheek to say we should stay in. Talk about being a hypocrite.

on facebook theres a rumor going on that we have to register to have a vote in or out.

voting in the general is different?

so I've mail my local MP to find out and if so why wasn't the general public informed of it.

you have to register by june 7th after which is to late. so we'll see.

just looked on the gov web...............................

How do I register to vote?

If you want to have your say at the EU referendum, you must be registered to vote.

Do I need to re-register to vote in the EU referendum?

Anyone who was already registered to vote (or recently registered) before the 18 April deadline for the elections taking place across the UK on 5 May will also be registered to vote at the EU Referendum and will be able to cast their vote. You do not need to re-register.

If your circumstances change, for example you move home between now and the EU Referendum registration deadline on 7 June, then you will need to re-register at your new property.

see for yourself....................

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/upcoming-elections-and-referendums/eu-referendum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited by johnakay

Doomed either way.

The trouble is that twat Corbyn is also now a turncoat who now thinks we should stay in. So even if we vote leave and then vote the tories out at the next election than we will still have a party in power who now want us to stay in Europe. I don't see how someone who says he has priciples and has voted against the EU lots of times can now have the bare faced cheek to say we should stay in. Talk about being a hypocrite.

You really think Labour would get in with that Twat Corbyn in charge :shock:

Doomed either way.

I didn't honestly think that labour could select a worse leader than millbland but they have

I didn't honestly think that labour could select a worse leader than millbland but they have

I know right some choice were left with!

Im not sure this even matters.

The next general election isnt until May 7th 2020... and the Tories would have to practically destroy the country.. to be at risk of losing.

history repeats itself.. Corbyn is a modern day Michael Foot and its not exactly ancient history.. we know, or should remember what happened, Michael foot lasted 3 years.. was replaced by a slightly less radical plonker and it took another 11 years for Labour to get someone even remotely electable. This allowed Thatcher and then Major to lay the groundwork for all the problems we have today... both as far as the EU is concerned and this country.

I think what will happen is Cameron will carry on.. we'll stab ourselves in the foot and leave the EU.. and then we'll get Boris. And then just have to wait and see what he does to make the Tories unelectable. Im sure it'll be fun whatever it is.

Who's with me?

Only if it's the Galactic Empire, say what you will but they had decent leadership.

I was talking to one of my friends about the in/out debate last night, and one of the arguments she raised for leaving was a perfect illustration of a fundamental misunderstanding of the distinction between Directives and Regulations, and who is actually to blame for much of what gets reported as 'EU meddling'.

About three or four years ago people here in Harrogate were up in arms because 'new EU drinking water rules' declared the water at the Victorian pump room far too sulphurous for visitors to drink, and the taps were turned off. There was an immediate torrent of vitriolic anti-EU sentiment in the press, most of it along the lines of us needing to get out of this farcical relationship as soon as possible and start making our own rules.

Setting aside the fact that this decision only affected people who thought the sensible thing to do with water so sulphurous it made your eyes sting was see what it tasted like, it had nothing whatsoever to do with Brussels: the EU Water Quality Directive is just that - a Directive. That means it has to be transposed into law at Member State level, with every EU country having a good deal of flexibility in terms of how they interpret and enable it (as distinct from a Regulation, which passes directly into law in all Member States with no wiggle room whatsoever). The Water Quality Directive had been in force in Europe for 14 years by this point so was hardly 'new', and it was an idiotic interpretation of part of it by our own politicians that led to the taps being turned off in Harrogate. The decision was reversed less than a month later, after Brussels told the UK that their decision was a complete misinterpretation of the Directive and just made everyone look very silly. This story got rather less coverage in the press.

And this is the problem: almost every regulatory argument I have seen for leaving the EU actually has more to do with the stupidity and incompetence of our own politicians and civil servants than it does with Brussels, and yet the 'out' camp seem convinced that we'd be better off with them in charge.

Worrying.

Yup ... our own government are very capable of stupid regulations etc.... why do they need out side help form another bunch of retards in Brussels.

Yep, as much as independence sounds nice, it's only as good as the politicians and law makers.

If we leave Europe I can imagine our own idiotic law makers passing all kinds of stupid UK specific laws that make living in the UK a complete nightmare.

I'm quite confident that England is stronger being in the EU. Has a good leadership role in the EU and provides lots more job opportunities then if we were on our own. With the way the economic climate has been the past 5+ years, being part of the EU has definitely provided us with the support we need. Keeping separate to the Euro was a great success......... I'm voting IN -- PS: everyone should vote, whether you care or not, it has an affect on the next generation..... if you don't vote for yourselves, vote for your kids etc.

I wasn't too bothered about being in or out, but after all the mention of what I would take as bullying tactics to get us to stay.

Do we really want to be part of that?

Part of a group that bullies countries into being part of their 'Club'

On a personal level, if someone did that to me after apparently claiming to be a friend and ally, I'd tell them to do one.