EU... in or out

Six30

<t>In or Out</t>  

79 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out

• In
    • Out
    • Haven't got the foggiest!

Far from it - that's the clinching argument for leaving in my view: half a dozen fewer lorries on the 4-hour trip from Brussels to Strasbourg once a month. That'll come as a great consolation... :lol:

i see what you done there :D

No comment on the waste of money though ?

It's disgraceful. I don't like politicians and civil servants wasting my money; where they come from - the UK or the rest of the EU - is a much lesser consideration. I've been clear all along that there are things I don't like about the EU, and having to work with 27 other Member States, the Commission and EFSA on an almost daily basis isn't exactly a little slice of heaven, but "bureaucrats waste money" is hardly the coup de grace.

I knew you'd see sense there is hope for you yet..... Dr Mark Brexit :lol:

GBP is the opposite against the dollar

which is not good for the forum server :evil:

Costing me less though Stu! :lol:

And when you consider that our average monthly outgoings to FH run to about $400 a month, a couple of % EUR-USD can make a big difference!

And when you consider that our average monthly outgoings to FH run to about $400 a month, a couple of % EUR-USD can make a big difference!

At least mine is only a couple of quid max :lol:

At least mine is only a couple of quid max :lol:

We've got a Dedi and VPS in the UK, Hybrid in the US, about 40 Dedicated IP's, and the Future Protect Backups.

Doing well then :lol:

lets see what happens if we do pull out of the EU and the US decide we dont want to trade with the UK as Obama said so :lol:

Doing well then :lol:

lets see what happens if we do pull out of the EU and the US decide we dont want to trade with the UK as Obama said so :lol:

That isnt what he said... as this country would become a fairly minor player the US wouldnt see us as a priority for a trade deal.. one would happen, but it could take anywhere between 5 and 10 years to be drawn up.. negotiated upon and finalised with signatures and a hand shake.

The US is in the middle of a new trade deal with the EU.. so why should they see us as a priority.

At the end of a three-day visit during which he celebrated the Queen’s 90th birthday with a lunch at Windsor Castle, Obama said it was wrong for Brexit campaigners to suggest it would be straightforward to agree a new trade relationship if Britain left the EU.

“It could be five years from now, 10 years from now before we’re actually able to get something done,” he told the BBC, adding that the first priority for the US would be to complete ongoing talks on a trade deal with the EU.

Copied from a Facebook post by a 91 year old D-Day veteran..... :

I am a very angry old man.

Angry because of the lies peddled by influential Brexit campaigners, reproduced in right-wing newspapers which one-sidedly fail to report the wealth of sound economic, social and political advice that Britain should remain in the EU.

Angry because of the lack of passion and drive shown in “remain” campaigning by the leadership of the Labour Party, a party which I have supported for years because of its commitment to international peace and solidarity.

Angry because of the appeal Brexit makes to the racist, anti-foreigner “little England” mentality which is still part of the national psyche.

Angry because, at the age of 91, as someone who 72 years ago this month landed in Normandy with the liberation forces, I remember vividly the old Europe of warring factions and am convinced that the EU, for all its need of reform, remains a power for good in the world. For Britain to leave it would open the door to European disintegration and a return to the dangerous nationalisms of the past.

I hope many of my Facebook friends share my anger and will vote accordingly next week.

Angry because, at the age of 91, as someone who 72 years ago this month landed in Normandy with the liberation forces, I remember vividly the old Europe of warring factions and am convinced that the EU, for all its need of reform, remains a power for good in the world. For Britain to leave it would open the door to European disintegration and a return to the dangerous nationalisms of the past.

I hope many of my Facebook friends share my anger and will vote accordingly next week.

He seems to have forgotten that NATO is the reason for peace in Europe.

Say 'No' to NATO! Headquartered in Brussels, staffed by bureaucrats, and demands we contribute two percent of our GDP. The UK does, but most other members take the piss and contribute far less.

TAKE BACK CONTROL! We need a NATO Brexit! Let's call it NEXIT... Oh hang on, the Dutch have already coined that one... Umm... :scratch:

definitely.. Nato. has helped prevent a hot war between the Soviets and the west... but was ineffective in preventing slaughter in Europe during the early 90s.

obviously the Balkan war is forgettable... the victims were mainly muslim and who cares about them.

Srebrenica_massacre_memorial_gravestones_2009_1.thumb.jpg.4cf3871d1a9b2807fdc94ea7fa8478a0.jpg

Speaking of NATO......I'm going here next Tuesday!

14.jpg

It's the Tactical Leadership Programme NATO airbase in Albacete!

They've been clients of mine for many years, and every Summer I get invited there to discuss future business etc.

Always go by bike.....it's about a 300 mile round trip.

definitely.. Nato. has helped prevent a hot war between the Soviets and the west... but was ineffective in preventing slaughter in Europe during the early 90s.

obviously the Balkan war is forgettable... the victims were mainly muslim and who cares about them.

Yes and the EU did such a good job in the Balkans didn't it.

OH wait thats wrong.

after recent events(Jo Cox)

and even our esteemed politicians declaring

a temporary truce :shock:

I feel we should do the same.

I'm not going to dictate though, the thread is still open.

Why has her death got anything to do with this thread. She was killed by a nutter.

But anyway various political people have already spoken out and tried to link the debate to her death so its a bit late anyway.

Labour remain MP Neil Coyle has spoken out linking the exit people to the extremist hard right, Angele merkel has blamed the exaggerations of the debate on her death, and European commissioner ( some nobody from the EU) Dimitris Averamopolous said she was murdered for her dedication to European democracy and humanity.

Given we don't know why she was killed yet then this is pathetic to link her views to her dreath. But thats the level they have sunk to.