X Box or PlayStation

Six30

Just finished my man cave , big TV on the wall for the footy etc, thinking about some gaming , which is best X Box or PlayStation , had X box a fair few years back , kept getting the red ring of death on it , launched the thing in the end, has this problem been put right with the latest X boxes , is the games quality about the same on both?

Mrs said I should really grow up ... But men never do ..do they :D

Agree with above.

PC then PS4 then Xbox

I dont have an xbox hence why it's last :D

There are tonnes of reviews online for and against. PS+ you get a bunch of free games every month and they're often quite good. I've only bought about 5 games since i owned the console because i play the "free" ones :D

I'm going against the grain here.... Xbox one all day long :thumb:

Like! :thumb:

Have also heard rumours that Xbox will support steam at some point in the near future, allowing cross platform gaming..

I'm going against the grain here.... Xbox one all day long :thumb:

Like! :thumb:

Have also heard rumours that Xbox will support steam at some point in the near future, allowing cross platform gaming..

they have announced cross platform gaming on other 'gaming platforms and consoles', leading rumours say playstation as well as PC. The Rocket League game has already said they have and know the technology to bridge the 2 consoles :thumb:

Personally I like a good gaming pc and/or a playstation. I've not upgraded to the PS4 yet, as my ps3 is still working and I'm using my pc for gaming more these days.

Reason for not choosing and XBox? I've never liked their controllers and the PS3 came with BluRay player :-)

I'm on my 2nd PS3. Had the original 60gb version, which I melted the solder on the motherboard accidentally due to being pretty much stuck in the house due to snow for 6 weeks. At the time I used it for everything - watching TV/catch up, movies and gaming so it was on for probably around 8-14hrs a day! Skyrim was the main culprit though ;-)

I've never had a PC so can't comment there. Never had the dosh for a proper rig.

I had a PS2, switched to Xbox due to a single star wars game, then the 360 was better value. The first gen 360 red ringed inside a year, the premium one lasted 6 years but was loud as hell. I had the last, quiet slim line version, which in my view was just what the xbox should have always been.

I had access to a PS3 for a while but the magic had been lost since I had the PS2.

The Xbone has been great, its constant need to update winds me up though. I only play a few times a week and it feels like I spend half an hour a week just waiting for a game to update.

So of the consoles I'd say Xbone, particularly as soon we will be able to play against PC and PS4 players online. My brother has a PS4 and while it is very slick it just isn't for me.

As already posted: PC Master Race

But if you don't want that then PS4.

PC is a lot better in every way though if you build it right, it'll do everything your PS4/XBOX does and then some.

In terms of hardware, they're pretty much indistinguishable, both lightyears behind real "next gen"

Your best bet is look a year or so down the line and decide what exclusives look more exciting to you.

For example, Hideo Kojima, the creator of the Metal Gear series, is now exclusive to PlayStation.

I have an N64, gamecube and ps2. You may need to ask me in 20 years when I've caught up :lol:

The only reason I'm thinking of change is cause my Atari is playing up .