Outdoor cover missing this morning

Does this mean someone has been looking at my bike in the night? If so surely they would cover their tracks and put the cover back on?

It was a Oxford outdoor sports bike cover but I hadn't clipped it around just slid it under the wheels.

Has anyone lost a cover before?

It was a Oxford outdoor sports bike cover but I hadn't clipped it around just slid it under the wheels.

Has anyone lost a cover before?

There will be plenty of people who have lost their cover before, you are not the first and will not be the last. I almost did, but that's when I tried putting the cover on in Ridiculous wind. Always clip mine now, and put the lock through the holes so no one can steal it!

Just be careful using a bike cover in high winds....They can act like a sail and pull your bike over off the stand!..... :shock:

:stupid:

Been there done that. :(

I had one with a clip underneath and after a strong nights wind it had ripped the clipped off the cover, luckily it was wedged under the front wheel. After that I got some rope and if it was windy I'd put the cover on then wrap the rope around the bike under the engine and over the seat, it stopped the cover flying away but also stopped the wind getting inside the cover.

My new one now gets clipped underneath (f**king ball ache), then tightened right up, then also use the pre-cut lock holes in the front to attach my disk lock through it and obviously through the disc.

I've had two bikes with covers on blown over by the wind in the last three years - one knocked a small wall on my driveway over and cracked the clutch cover. I'm not taking any chances tonight as there are 60mph winds forecast I've decided to take the covers off and hope for the best :cry:

I've had two bikes with covers on blown over by the wind in the last three years - one knocked a small wall on my driveway over and cracked the clutch cover. I'm not taking any chances tonight as there are 60mph winds forecast I've decided to take the covers off and hope for the best :cry:

Don't say that, my bike is attached to the wall that divides my neighbours and my front doors so it's only a small wall too :(

• 2 weeks later...
Consider moving up north if you can't afford a garage where you are now :lol:

Car won't fit in mine but two bikes comfortably

I already live in Newcastle I don't fancy anymore north [emoji39]

Consider moving up north if you can't afford a garage where you are now [emoji38]

Car won't fit in mine but two bikes comfortably

I already live in Newcastle I don't fancy anymore north [emoji39]

My family originates from Durham and Sunderland.

I wouldn't ever consider Newcastle [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just on the train back from London/St Mary Uni for a British Weightlifting competition... It's most definitely warmer down there! Twickenham is SO nice.

Just on the train back from London/St Mary Uni for a British Weightlifting competition... It's most definitely warmer down there! Twickenham is SO nice.

It's so warm down here! We have to pay through the nose... but we generally don't get as damp so you know, win

It's so warm down here! We have to pay through the nose... but we generally don't get as damp so you know, win

its best when its damp.... much more fun...lol