New Top Gear

It wasn't advertised very well, it's almost like they just wanted to sneak it out without any fanfare or fuss.

Maybe they secretly know it's not great.

Yep got to agree with everyone else, it was tosh. I thought I would give it a look for Sabine Scmitt but turned over too late to see her. :roll: Had to admit Matt le Blanc was great and i could watch it with him as one of the presenters but as for Chris Evans, no way, I hated him on the radio and am not impressed with him presenting this. Might watch one or two more so long as Sabine is in it. :wink:

I think I preferred the iplayer extraGear episode to the main programme. More of Sabine.

Chris Harris didn't come across as well as I'd hoped he would, although his Nomad lap was pretty decent.

Overall less contrived cheesy pranks than the main show. Let's see how it develops.

Edited by tPIC

I've heard the Extra Gear is meant to be really good, so yet to catch up on that.

Wasn't a fan of the main show tbh, long time (old) top gear fan here.

Chris Evans was very very annoying but Matt LeBlanc was tolerable and funny in parts - much the better presenter.

Starting from the point that Top Gear with the combination of Hammond Clarkson and May (no mater how great a team) was becoming stagnant or to restricted by the BBC.

The new top gear either had to reformat or was never going to be great, how was it for me a poor copy of passed a show already passed its glory. Mat got closest to the mark but was well short and sounded like he had his scripped written by clarkson.

The Lap & New course whats that about? I am no expert on this but from what I can see the old course was good and had large history of lap times. The New course is more difficult and intimidating for non petrol head drivers, I am guessing lap times will be more erratic & dependant on weather... Plus I am thinking there is greater chance of rolling the car etc, although that might actually pull some viewers in.

WIll I watch the next one, yes but on IPlayer when there is really nothing better to watch and if weather is bad I will have to wait for repeat. It will be no loss.

On the other hand it will be interested to watch the Old team on prime when it comes out, to see if it was them getting tired or the BBC restraints.

Top Gear extra is a lot better.

So I should watch it?

Definitely mate. It's only short but I think the 2 guys should do the main show instead of Evans.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I thought that MLB was quite good, but Chris Evans was pants. With his Shite jokes, wanna be Clarkson comments and he just seemed forced. I'll watch it because it has fast cars and a bit of fun, but I really miss the old trio.

Did anyone else find the 2nd episode much much better?

I was actually impressed by it. It had a challenge with actual cars rather than home made ambulances or whatever. And then the challenges were interesting to boot as well!

Matt Leblanc is fast improving as a presenter too. I reckon he's watching his performance and comparing it to the more useful online critique. Out in the field he does a great job as he tackles the challenge at hand and doesn't feel the need to fill it with silly lines like Evans sometimes does.

The UK vs America thing should really take a bow though. I really don't care for it, but it might be to appeal to the American audiences as this will broadcast on BBC America. I do get the feeling they love a competition over the pond whereas Brits are happy to insult one another and call it a day.

I'm still not feeling it, they're starting a brand new adventure, where they're trying this whole new cast and rebranding.. The first 2 episodes feature things as if the script writers just couldn't care less.

Only thing I liked was seeing that F1 GTR long tail but it was all completely edited, they are only allowed to go 70mph and they said it on the show, so all that screaming from that ginger presenter and the car screaming was bullshit.

I'm still not feeling it, they're starting a brand new adventure, where they're trying this whole new cast and rebranding.. The first 2 episodes feature things as if the script writers just couldn't care less.

Only thing I liked was seeing that F1 GTR long tail but it was all completely edited, they are only allowed to go 70mph and they said it on the show, so all that screaming from that ginger presenter and the car screaming was bullshit.

The original all black F1 was limited to 70mph... the longtail 80s graphics was unlimited

The original all black F1 was limited to 70mph... the longtail 80s graphics was unlimited

Considering the longtail is worth twice as much as the F1 GTR and has about a quarter of the production run I doubt the longtail was unlimited, I could be wrong but I guess we'll never know.

trying to watch episode two...

Evan's voice is really grating - it's far too high pitched and squeaky for a "manly" car show.

And whats with those stupid thick rimmed specs he wears??

and Button looks like he needs a bloody good wash to get rid of the dirt/fake tan.