Navigation devices

Hi all

First post so go easy.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a suitable navigation app for an iPhone. I have downloaded WeRide in order to ride routes posted by other riders. There is a navigation option but it does not give audio navigation. Ideally I want to avoid having to fit a cradle to my bike to put the iPhone in. I might be asking for too much but I was hoping that there was an audio navigation app so I can listen to the directions rather than have to look at a screen.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Many thanks

Welcome to TMBF mate. ........... 8-)

I use CoPilot on an Android phone but, with a bluetooth headset, you can listen to the directions rather than looking at the screen..... 8-) I should point out that it's also available on iPhone...... :wink:

If using your iPhone you'll also need to set up a power socket for it.

Mapping apps tend to drain the battery quite quickly. Also you'll need to get a water proof case as well.

Never looked into for mine as I have a bike sat nav

• 1 month later...

Hi guys going to jump in on this what Bluetooth headset do you guys recommend don't want to spend big £s but don't want something that will fall apart that I can use with co pilot and listen to music as there is the music option in copilot and then maybe use it to talk with people I'm riding with

Ultimate addons holding my phone linked to the brain bucket too.

Copilot is good but doesn't allow you to set it to not use motorways, only strongly avoid them.

Here maps does and it's frer with free offline maps and speed cameras.

Maps.me or scout.

Cnat remember which but one allows you to download the map of ONE country for free. its then avaliable offline. very handy for when you get lost leading a group of 12-14 bikers full of pub food...Not that i know anyone who's been in that situation.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Get what you pay for with headsets. Quote a few use the standard cheap one off eBay, I have it and works fine until 60 or 70 mph then the wind drowns it out. Check the forum it's been discussed loads...search for 'bluetooth ' should do it

I use Scala rider Q1 with built in FM radio. The speakers use the standard stereo connector. I Don't use the speakers that came with the unit though as I have custom ear plugs with small speakers fitted. Custom ear plugs were not cheap though but good sound.

Nav unit is a garmin 590.

I am still looking for intercom between me and Pillion and phone. Its tough choice for twin set as the good ones are only a little bit more when you start adding the features up... Presently still using £20 lidl set it works but bot without issues satnav will not talk to you when using as intercom is a biggy...

This might help when it comes to phone Nav apps

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=59748" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've just got copilot. Seems pretty alright and I've even managed to figure out (with some help from my mate Google) how to load routes downloaded from the interwebs (from the London riding group I'm in) hurrah for me.

Just need to wait for my charging port and phone mount now.....