Pokémon Go

Gin

Ok :D so its a game hosted on most mobile phones that works with google maps and GPS to be able to allow you to mix VR gaming with the real world.

You get a radar blip around your location and as you move in the physical world, it tracks your phones movement and shifts you around a google map.

Now and again you'll get a bleep to let you know there is something near by that you can go and "Catch", so you can go charging after it if you want! :mrgreen:

There you go Rennie x

Thanks for sorting me out Gin been building a squad most of the day [emoji1] http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160708/4ba6d7d456ffb71c40f4bc4432ffe829.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call me sad, but I've started a Google map for it...

Untitled.jpg.df75a859d9f4b265015729e7f05c3b72.jpg

Also had a bit of an argument with a squirtle who wouldn't stay in a pokeball when I was out at lunch time. Finally caught it though :D

It's slowly ruining my life! I've been out walking at 12-2 am trying to catch some new and interesting Pokemon. Also trying to beat some gyms.

My girlfriend keeps laughing at me because I'm going out catching Pokemon.

Personally I don't see what's wrong, better than cheating?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Not at all bad! We have been out all day catching and battling! Hatched a few eggs, collected loads more. Over ran 2 gyms and strengthen a few more.

We have walked quite a bit, considering it was mostly around town and the nature reserve near where we live!

Screenshot_20160709-201734.thumb.png.35be82c3dfe7b27ac6b1428542f91910.png

Hang on, so you get this app and then you physically walk around wherever (sometimes in middle of night) looking for virtual Pokemon? What is the reward?

I remember Pokemon craze when I was in my teenage years but think I was too old for it then, whys it popular with adults now?

Then again maybe I'm just old now at 32 and don't have time for it with having a toddler around....

Oh is it a fitness thing?

Pokemon turned 20 this year. For me, I absolutely loved Pokemon growing up. Now I get to play a whole different kind of game, with the original 150, and get to enjoy being outside at the same time. (Even in the rain!)

You catch Pokemon. You also claim gyms, and can battle rival gyms to increase your experience, and so get stronger Pokemon.

Quick word of warning: Niantic's god awful failure at rolling this game internationally out has led to some devious bast*rds exploiting the situation and embedding DroidJack in some of the copies available for download from unofficial sources... Worth checking that you haven't got one such copy on your phones. A few ways of identifying it are listed in this article, if you've already installed it then you can just look at the app permissions for an easy answer: https://www.proofpoint.com/us/threat-insight/post/droidjack-uses-side-load-backdoored-pokemon-go-android-app

I remember Pokemon craze when I was in my teenage years but think I was too old for it then, whys it popular with adults now?

Easy, because most of the people in this thread were the right age for them when the first games came out and are adults now.

look what I caught at lunch time! Ok I did use about 30 pokeballs to catch it, but so worth it.

EU release date is apparently a few days away. The servers have been pretty stable since Saturday evening so it is believable. You do however need a stable internet connection. Flaky 3g or lower and it freaks out.

Screenshot_20160711-122417.thumb.png.07e3fa7671c0a7935838d29e4f7bc75a.png

How could you not link to the story about people falling in holes and finding dead bodies!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36757858/pokemon-go-player-finds-dead-body-in-wyoming-river-while-searching-for-a-pokestop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Left that for you :wink: