Driving is ...

XmisterIS

<t>Driving a car is ...</t>  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Driving a car is ...

• Less interesting than watching paint dry.
    • Are we there yet?
    • Yawn
    • A chore
    • Boring
    • Sod that, I'm going by bike!

The wife used to like going for a "drive" on a weekend :roll:

Now I have the FJR nine times out of ten its where are we going on the bike this weekend :lol:

If its not the bike we dont bother :lol:

Depends what kind of mood I am in. I enjoy driving more now than I used too, since I no longer have a 80 mile commute each day, plus work mileage during the day.

During one of my frequent and ill-advised alcohol-fuelled forays on automotive websites a few weeks ago I came very close to buying a Jensen Interceptor. Imagine that: a 7 litre engine would have made driving much more exciting, at least until the 8 mpg fuel economy finished off what remained of my bank account.

I love driving and riding. I started driving first and it opened a lot of doors in terms of freedom and happiness.

I still occasionally go out for a drive with the missus as it's something we've always enjoyed doing [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started on bikes first and I generally don't enjoy driving.

Is handy when I need to go somewhere with the gf and baby but most of the time I get irritated just by being in the car.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I learnt to ride a year before I got my car test sorted..

Completely depends on the situation for me. For the daily commute I use the car because I can't keep my bikes at my current house, however throughout Uni I used the bike in all weathers..

The car is always used for food shop runs, because the days of doing that on the Bandit were not that fun..

If we all go away for a weekend camping, I tend to drive and bundle everyone and all their luggage in the car.. Mainly cos I'm the only biker in my group at the moment so it just makes more sense..

Driving is useful in some situations, like when I'm playing football and have to lug along all my gear or will be getting a shower at home afterwards. I also can't get my lad on the back of the bike yet! (Can't reach the pegs :( )

Driving is useful in some situations, like when I'm playing football and have to lug along all my gear or will be getting a shower at home afterwards. I also can't get my lad on the back of the bike yet! (Can't reach the pegs :( )

I had to read that twice, I read "can't get laid on the back of a bike" at first which also made sense in an amusing way but "can't reach the pegs" made me rethink my life choices :lol:

I enjoy driving but it's not something I do just for a fun "oh it's a quiet day, let's go for a drive", I don't really drive beyond work and back or shops and back.

But on the bright side by driving to work and back it means the bike is purely the leisure activity. Seen mates who commute and I think it's taken some of the fun of biking out for them. Wouldn't come for a Sunday ride for a ride's sake.

But then there are some who commute in the week and ride rings around me on a weekend.

But then again how many of us have a car that can compete with a bike's performance. If I had an Elise or an Atom I think I'd be far more inclined to drive it a bit more often.

short answer from me.

Driving is... something I have never done. I have never driven a car. or had a lesson. Its just something that never appealed. Back in the early 80s I kinda reached a decision. I would only learn to drive if someone else paid for it and then provided me with a car.

fat chance of that. and now... zero chance.