Tyres suggestions please

CrusaderPhil

I had the rear wheel go from under me whilst approaching a roundabout at low speed a few weeks back, I am now thinking it was a combination damp on the bald patches of the copy of shell grip surface, the bald patches where the grit has worn away from epoxy and a crap continental back tyre, as someone pointed out today that it has squared off although there is plenty of tread depth, it does appear to be a bit flat.

My mate says I should get a Back Tyre with a dual compound, I have never heard of dual compound tyres my back tyre is a 160/60 R17 69H

What do others use.

I've used Bridgestone in the past and these come in multi compound make up. Now I'm running on Michelin PR3, recommended on here. These are also multi compound.

Dual or multi compound just means that the centre is a hard compound to last and the edge is a softer compound for grip, but wears quicker. However most of the time running can be spent on the centre section.

Some tyres just have 2 compounds and some have 3, hard, soft and even softer on the very edge.

HTH

I have Michelin PR2's on my GSX600. Great tyres, good predictable grip and last well.

PR3s & PR4s should be even better.

I had a Bridgestone on the front, grip was OK but wear rate was terrible. It only lasted 6000miles, current Michelin has done 3,500 and barely worn.

Yep....another for the Michelin Pilot Road 3.......mine are just getting to the point of needing replacing after approx 9000 miles.....and that's just because the shoulders on the front are starting to wear......still plenty of meat left on them....... 8-)

• 2 weeks later...