other bike forums ?

goody

That's why I only post onthere if somebody else does first :D

I wouldn't know who anybody was except Stu, Rennie and Rant!

Mawsley said something to me on the XT group a few weeks ago.......had no idea who he was at first.

Then when I checked his profile I could see that he was a weird twat so it pretty much narrowed it down to this place.

TBH I think that having an active TMBF Facebook group would be detrimental to the Forum......so I'm quite happy to keep the status quo here.... 8-)

It certainly would and this is the reason why the page is like it is I don't want two places where people can post and I don't want to take away members from here

But the people who would use it are using other facebook groups anyway.

I don't post that much on here, reply to the odd thing but you don't get the interaction like you do on facebook.

Its a pain to load pictures to incomparison and then in 3 days you get 1 reply of :thumb:

But the people who would use it are using other facebook groups anyway.

I don't post that much on here, reply to the odd thing but you don't get the interaction like you do on facebook.

Its a pain to load pictures to incomparison and then in 3 days you get 1 reply of :thumb:

I think you missed the point! creating a facebook group would just kill this place and this place is a huge source of info facebook is posted then a few hours later its gone and forgotten

if you are a mobile user then facebook is always going to be easier especially for uploading pictures as size is irrelevant to facebook

If this was a forum just based on trackdays then you would get a lot more replies to your pictures :wink: whereas its a generic forum so you may get a handful of members who are interested in what you post rather than the whole group like on facebook

As already mentioned on this thread people want everything in one place and facebook provides that people are lazy they dont want to click open an extra tab or app to load another forum

People are forgetting what forums are actually about

:stupid:

Each has it's place.....strengths and weaknesses. .... :wink:

As I say, I can go on the Facebook groups I belong to and talk about Triumphs all day, and get plenty of likes.....but I'd be ready to slash my wrists by the end of the day. I like the variety in both bikes and people on here...... 8-)

What does baffle me though is why people use tapatalk on forums now as they are made responsive for mobiles

I have heard of some changes coming that will affect tapatalk users especially on ios

I started the forum journey a few years ago and joined a couple but I have to say that TMBF is by far the friendliest, most helpful and beats the others by a mile.

Now if only I could remember how to get into it ... Until then I am stuck with this one :lol:

Then when I checked his profile I could see that he was a weird twat

And there was people saying how folks put on false personas on forums. 8-)

You do seem more normal here Dave! :lol:

It's something that's worried me and I plan to work on next year.

This year.

Whatever.

I'm currently drunk enough to qualify for lifetime membership of Motörhead.

What does baffle me though is why people use tapatalk on forums now as they are made responsive for mobiles

I have heard of some changes coming that will affect tapatalk users especially on ios

Enlighten me, what have I missed?

Still using Tapatalk. Forums still a pain in the arse on a browser on phone sized screen and I have an S7 Edge so it's not exactly small.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Still using Tapatalk. Forums still a pain in the arse on a browser on phone sized screen and I have an S7 Edge so it's not exactly small.

ios users will have to have a secure connection soon otherwise the app won't work on the forums

have you tried this forum on your phone browser? and what do you mean its a pain in the arse?

ios users will have to have a secure connection soon otherwise the app won't work on the forums

have you tried this forum on your phone browser? and what do you mean its a pain in the arse?

This forum actually looks a lot better than most on a browser, but the buttons are still way smaller than on Tapatalk, the text is smaller and you still need to enter the address and sometimes login.

Tapatalk stores all my usernames and passwords and lists all forums. I just need to hit the Tapatalk icon on screen, select The Motorbike Forum, and boom I'm here ready to read or post.

Same for some other forums I use which are terrible on a tiny screen, so until they all come up to standard, Tapatalk keeps them all in one place and logs me in automatically.

If you're using an Android device and you're logged in properly and have the option set to store login details enabled it should store your login details so when the logon screen pops up, all your details are already there.

I access the forum almost exclusively from my android phone. The logon box pops up occasionally but I have no idea what my password is, as I don't need to know.

Edit: go into browser settings ensure you're syncing to your Google account and that Autofill forms and Save passwords are both on - you will never need to enter your password again.

I know fine well you can save passwords, but one forum I'm on has a habit of logging you out, the same forum also looks tiny on a browser unless you rotate the phone to landscape, and I'm three taps in chrome, menu, bookmarks, choose the bookmark to switch between forums, plus as I already said the buttons are proper thumb size on Tapatalk.

Tapatalk is still the better solution for me and the forums I use. I should know, I'm the one using it.

Browser top

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd82/colinbal4/Screenshot_20170109-153316_zpsenairge3.png

Browser bottom

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd82/colinbal4/Screenshot_20170109-153346_zpshygbopf4.png

Tapatalk

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd82/colinbal4/Screenshot_20170109-153531_zpsoj2vfu7o.png

Tapatalk so much clearer and easier to read just for reading threads and replying. If I need to get into user CP or something like that, or if any embedded content doesn't work I click Web View in the menu and it takes me to a browser and opens the page I am on.

Also just noticed the browser doesn't have the double arrow which takes you straight to the first or last pages on a thread. Again, I know it's configurable on the forum settings to take you to the last page, but to me anything which works the way you need it to right from the start is a winner.

just noticed the browser doesn't have the double arrow which takes you straight to the first or last pages

Just for info - I am not trying to convert you as you obviously know what works best for you buuuuttttt

If you're signed in to the forum on a mobile browser you can get "unread posts" which have an orange button on the left you can click to go to the first unread post on the thread

http://i.imgur.com/D1MYD9x.png

and if you are just browsing the threads there are page buttons to select a page and you can also click on the date and time next to the user name to go to the last post

http://i.imgur.com/69YwhhC.png

ooh an actually helpful Hoggs post, make a note everyone :lol:

Clicking on the orange Icons will take you straight to the last unread post on a thread

I notice you are using the subsilver style there is other styles that work better with slightly larger buttons

as for the text if people find it a problem I could probably tweak it so it clearer or larger

I'm not trying to convert you but the way things are looking I don't know if tapatalk will be on here in the future!

There is an updated software available for the forum and currently tapatalk doesn't work with it nor do I know if it ever will as nothing has been mentioned I don't plan on upgrading the software just yet anyway so tapatalk will continue to work for now but I really don't know what the future will hold

I just want tapatalk users to know that the forum does work in a browser

As a side note I just leave tabs open in chrome and you can slide the address bar left to right to flick through tabs. There is no need to close the tabs down either just hit the home button on the phone to close it and when you reopen chrome everything is just how you left it and all you have to do is pull down on the page to refresh!

Clicking on the orange Icons will take you straight to the last unread post on a thread

I notice you are using the subsilver style there is other styles that work better with slightly larger buttons

as for the text if people find it a problem I could probably tweak it so it clearer or larger

I'm not trying to convert you but the way things are looking I don't know if tapatalk will be on here in the future!

There is an updated software available for the forum and currently tapatalk doesn't work with it nor do I know if it ever will as nothing has been mentioned I don't plan on upgrading the software just yet anyway so tapatalk will continue to work for now but I really don't know what the future will hold

I just want tapatalk users to know that the forum does work in a browser

As a side note I just leave tabs open in chrome and you can slide the address bar left to right to flick through tabs. There is no need to close the tabs down either just hit the home button on the phone to close it and when you reopen chrome everything is just how you left it and all you have to do is pull down on the page to refresh!

Good to know the forum works on mobile browsers, I browse daily on tapatalk so would be nice if they could sort something to be compatible with the update (convenience because of the push notifications) :D

:stupid:

Ensure that you click the keep me logged in tick box you should never have a problem

Can you do me a screen shot of what you see too please baloo?

Mobile site logs me out every time, regardless.

Even get logged out on the mac from time to time. I guess you really hate Apple.

OK cheers for the advice Stu and Hoggs. Other forums are better in Tapatalk, and actually the browser throws a message when you access them on a mobile device, along the lines of "do you know this'll work better with Tapatalk" and you have to hit cancel to continue with the browser, otherwise the forum opens Tapatalk for you.

I'll continue with it for now and if a software update forces a change then we'll have to see where we go.

OK cheers for the advice Stu and Hoggs. Other forums are better in Tapatalk, and actually the browser throws a message when you access them on a mobile device, along the lines of "do you know this'll work better with Tapatalk" and you have to hit cancel to continue with the browser, otherwise the forum opens Tapatalk for you.

I'll continue with it for now and if a software update forces a change then we'll have to see where we go.

That message is from tapatalk and is basically an advertisement :). It does it if you don't have it too so you download it.

That message is from tapatalk and is basically an advertisement :). It does it if you don't have it too so you download it.

And Tapatalk somehow force this on the forum software? Surely the admins could turn it off?

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd82/colinbal4/Screenshot_20170110-152920_zpsxxtiklw0.png