Bike stalls going into first gear

savo318

If it is the clutch plates may as well just replace them. 30 quid for a new set and it's fairly simple to take apart and put back together.

Or £9.99 if you're not too bothered about quality. I've built loads of CGs and I don't remember using any special tools. One thing though,don't forget to clean out the adjacent centrifugal oil filter while your in there.

its the tool for the centrifual filter i need, well just ordered. cant get clutch plates off till that is removed as it partly covers them.

On the good side though, flew through my cbt no problem :D

could it be a gear problem. just askin to try and cover all the bases.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok then.

sorry for the continuing saga.

Tested my bike after cleaning the clutch, and found that it worked but was very clunky when changing gear, andtended tostall easy. But otherwise was working fine.

Decided to change the clutch plates anyway, so after soaking new ones overnight i came home today an changed them. The old ones were fairly worn down. Also did an oil change.

To make life easier i did as advised, and laid the bike on its side, after emptying out the old oil.

Changed the plates, no problems.

Stood it up, replaced the oil. Turned the bike on started it up great, on the centre stand. Changed in to first , great no clunk. Revved the accelerator, engine died.

Did this twice> Then the engine would turn on then slowly start to die, the sound of the engine slowling down then just stopping, then eventually not coming on at all.

What the hell have i done, everything was working all right before i tried to sort the clutch.

I had the damn thing booked in for an mot saturday.

Did you remove the battery before laying it down?

You msy have lost all the acid our of it hence its lost its charge .

How much fuel is in the tank . If low it may have all gone to one side of the tank possibly away from the tap or

the float in the carb may have stuck closed after being laid on its side so restricting the fuel

Probably float stuck in the carb from laying the bike down.......or some sh*t from the fuel tank got disturbed and is blocking the fuel line or one of the jets in the carb...... :wink:

Thanks for the fast replies guys. The batteries is a gel one. Being a new rider and with the high possibilities of losing it at some point I thought a gel one safer. And the tank is three quarters full. So I guess that only really pages cleaning out the carb again :D