Open or Full Face

Don't think about it! do it!

If you like your hearing start wearing them now before its too late

also learn how to put them in properly too it makes all the difference :)

I'll pick a pair up tomorrow not something i thought about , hearing damage that is

I'm a bit of a preacher when it comes to hearing protection!

You won't like the way it feels at first but you will get used to it!

I can't ride without earplugs in now!

I'll pick a pair up tomorrow not something i thought about , hearing damage that is

In o my fourth decade of riding and I'm pretty damn deaf in my left ear...all from wind noise and speaker stacks at gigs.

Full face helmets always the good option for safety point of view either you go for long ride or not. If you choose full face helmet then you don't have to buy any allied products for safety purpose.

I should probably start wearing earplugs. Go a bit deaf after long rides

A forner colleague and Police motorcyclist with over 20 years operational experience attended his annual audiometric test, only to be told that his hearing was at least 30% defective at certain frequencies.

During his service, he had never worn any form of ear defender, and in the days of issue open face helmets, no noticeable degradation of his hearing had been recorded, although he had been wearing a flip style helmet for the previous 3 years.

Because of the type of helmet, his helmet radio earpiece volume varied according to the type of riding. The two tone horns/sirens required the radio volume to be louder than would normally be expected, the wind noise passing through this particular style of helmet also increased the wind noise level well above that accepted as a safe level.

He was subsequently suspended from riding and his condition was recorded as an industrial injury.

It was then made a condition of appointment to become a Police rider that all riders must wear some form of ear defender, and flip front helmets were withdrawn from service, although the audiometric tests remain even now that 99% of riders are part time.

I have always worn ear plugs, but I have also been told that I have suffered some degredation in my hearing caused by 40 years or so of riding, but not to the same level as my old colleague and quite a few others who suffered.