exhaust stud

mister-t

Just replace it with a new stud and nut

If you really want to get the nut off then I would clamp the none threaded part in a vice and use lots of heat on it and give it a go if no luck leave it to soak in some penetrating oil

Just replace it with a new stud and nut

If you really want to get the nut off then I would clamp the none threaded part in a vice and use lots of heat on it and give it a go if no luck leave it to soak in some penetrating oil

Wot Stu said except that when you've clamped it in a vice, used lots of heat on it and doused it in plus-gas, then throw it away and buy a new one......you've had it easy, mate.....just wait 'till you get one snap off in the head! Fun and games, oh yes!

there is no non threaded part on the stud and can only get a new stud from the usa,well have to buy all four,will see if i can get it off some how

I very much doubt the only place to get a stud will be the USA as its just a bit of thread! I have made studs out of threaded bar before today

If they are hidden then I usually replace with a cap head bolt

there is no non threaded part on the stud and can only get a new stud from the usa,well have to buy all four,will see if i can get it off some how

I very much doubt the only place to get a stud will be the USA as its just a bit of thread! I have made studs out of threaded bar before today

If they are hidden then I usually replace with a cap head bolt

Stu's bolt comment has just reminded me....I had this happen on my XS750 - IIRC, I just put it back in again!

Why do you need to get the nut off the stud ? Why not just put it back again as it is so that it acts like a bolt ? EDIT , sorry Stu , missed your earlier post . There must be a stud out there that will fit , if you know the dimensions then there are loads of options on eBay. https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metric-Imperial-Exhaust-Manifold-Studs-Bolts-UNC-UNF-M8-M10/351902058970?hash=item51eeff49da%3Am%3AmiAE9QPFdb9jzNJeVvDFGIg&var=621269751703&varId=621269751703