Group ride safety

learningtofly

I remember one year at the rally where [mention]Tango[/mention] go was tailend charlie and had to roundup and redirect Sue and myself like a couple of lost sheep as we had taken a wrong turning! :oops:

Wasn't that because OhJay had missed one of the corner markers and kept going straight, taking the rest of the tail with him?

Also the same year that Hoggs missed the full ride turning off into a carpark and went Hooning off down Derbyshire country roads and her SO had to go chasing after to bring her back into the pack! :D

I think ride outs are more fun when they don't go to plan sometimes! :lol:

Though I did feel awful for [mention]Throttled[/mention] that year too. :(

Though I did feel awful for @Throttled that year too. :(

Did something go wrong with his bike? I remember I was in the car that year and had a toolkit that I lent him. Can't quite remember what was wrong though :?

Did something go wrong with his bike? I remember I was in the car that year and had a toolkit that I lent him. Can't quite remember what was wrong though :?

Had the car reverse into the road in front of him, causing emergency braking when he had a new pillion on the back. Bike went down and if I remember rightly it was the lefthand footpeg that snapped off :( Was only in the first few minutes of the ride out too, so though it wasn't too far to get it back, it sucked for him to miss out on the ride; especially as his pillion was there to say goodbye to his brother.

@Gin

That's right, I remember seeing them coming back before I had set off. I was driving Aaron's mum and younger brother in the car.

Yeah that was the one, was gutted for Aarons little brother as he was super nervous about then carrying on the ride pillion on another bike.

I mean we have had forum rides where people properly chucked their bike down the road, fairings ripped off all th rest. So we got off lightly really! :lol:

As far as I know no ones ever collided with a sheep on the Cat n Fiddle, but it's certainly been a close call once or twice! :shock: (As I can attest to myself...)

@Gin

That's right, I remember seeing them coming back before I had set off. I was driving Aaron's mum and younger brother in the car.

Yeah that was the one, was gutted for Aarons little brother as he was super nervous about then carrying on the ride pillion on another bike.

I mean we have had forum rides where people properly chucked their bike down the road, fairings ripped off all th rest. So we got off lightly really! :lol:

As far as I know no ones ever collided with a sheep on the Cat n Fiddle, but it's certainly been a close call once or twice! :shock: (As I can attest to myself...)

There was one chucked down road at Aaron's funeral. The ride back from the crematorium to the rugby club where the wake was.

Also the same year that Hoggs missed the full ride turning off into a carpark and went Hooning off down Derbyshire country roads and her SO had to go chasing after to bring her back into the pack! :D

What actually happened Ginneth was that I *totally* saw you all in the car park standing around, and I thought to myself, ooh I will have a nice little blast down this road see where it goes whilst that lot are gassing about. Totally didn't just miss 15 bikers and start to wonder where the hell everyone was after I have been going along for 15 minutes. :angel12:

Was a great ride though :mrgreen:

On the roundabout. I remember. Don't think it was anyone from the forum though.

Yes mate.

Tesco roundabout in brighouse centre.

Nobody from the forum.

It was wet n windy that day I recall

What actually happened Ginneth was that I *totally* saw you all in the car park standing around, and I thought to myself, ooh I will have a nice little blast down this road see where it goes whilst that lot are gassing about. Totally didn't just miss 15 bikers and start to wonder where the hell everyone was after I have been going along for 15 minutes. :angel12:

Was a great ride though :mrgreen:

Hey, it gave us slow pokes at the back time to catch up! :D

We were very grateful for you making the most of the waiting time, to go and have a spin with Charlie.

Had the car reverse into the road in front of him, causing emergency braking when he had a new pillion on the back. Bike went down and if I remember rightly it was the lefthand footpeg that snapped off :( Was only in the first few minutes of the ride out too, so though it wasn't too far to get it back, it sucked for him to miss out on the ride; especially as his pillion was there to say goodbye to his brother.

I had to stop on a tight bend due to a reversing car on a narrow road. I was worried the next one round the corner would come into the back of me, so I tried to shuffle forwards and my foot slipped, so over we went. The peg revolved back on itself and I had to hand over the pillion and ride back to the camp site to borrow tools to loosen the bolt and revolve the peg back round. We went over very gently so there was no harm to us and once the peg was put back into position the bike was fine as well. Very frustrating.

I had to stop on a tight bend due to a reversing car on a narrow road. I was worried the next one round the corner would come into the back of me, so I tried to shuffle forwards and my foot slipped, so over we went. The peg revolved back on itself and I had to hand over the pillion and ride back to the camp site to borrow tools to loosen the bolt and revolve the peg back round. We went over very gently so there was no harm to us and once the peg was put back into position the bike was fine as well. Very frustrating.

It was a completely crap situation for you to be in and I hope you know me well enough to know my comments were putting no onus on you at all for the drop; in fact I was very impressed with your quick responses and was utterly gutted for you having to leave the ride. :(

Though I do know that Jay really enjoyed the extra time to hang out with you back at camp :D and I hope this year we can have a chance to sit in a local cafe for a relaxed chat in the sun again.