TMBF Rally - 2009

Guest Willow

Vik Could you sticky this for me...pretty please.

Listen up folks....I've started to plan next years rally and so have asked for this to be in general, coz I'm looking for contacts, possible sponsors, live music, IAM trainers and companies that may be able to provide services. So if you have any contacts that you think might be of use please either pm me or post on here.

Getting sponsors is important because we want to keep ticket prices around £15 for 3 days and 2 nights. I tend to use MFN as the location as it's fairly central and I'm currently looking at dates in June or early July (2009) before everyone slopes off for their summer hols.

Please post here if you think u can help.

Thanks

X Will X

Cheers Drew..will look into it particularly from a Bikesafe angle! Derbyshire County Council also have a bike safe type thingy too. Will contact them, but it would be great if we could run a Bike Safe from the venue coz I think they're only a day event now. How practical that is for them...I have absolutely no idea!

I think the first thing they will ask is numbers?

Folk will only turn up if there is significant amount of folk going.

I can advertise it for you on SYP's email (Thats around 5,000 Police Staff)

And SMC will be good for a poster with all the money I give em :)

I think the first thing they will ask is numbers?

Folk will only turn up if there is significant amount of folk going.

I can advertise it for you on SYP's email (Thats around 5,000 Police Staff)

And SMC will be good for a poster with all the money I give em :)

Great stuff...fank u

x

At the mo I'm sketching out loads of possibilities.....

Stalls covering legal, bike safe (type stuff), insurance, clothing and accesories and non-bike related stuff et al.

Bands - one for each night

Mini-motors, human bar-fly, sumo suits etc.

Kids entertainer

Tatoo & piercings

On-site childcare for the evenings

Marshalled rideouts

IAM tasters

Bikesafe/Derbyshire County Council equiv

Photographer - stills and action shots

Amature stunt riders

Food stalls

BBQ/hog roast

All under investigation...if ya can thing of anything else that might be a goes....post away!

Willow, hunnibunni, while you are at Builth you can collar all of the above peeps to ask for their suggestions, and availability and you can speak with the organiser to get his advice too.

8)

Or had you already worked that out by yourself?

hehe how about a

TMBF gladiator compition lol. like the tv show with challenges and stuff. stuff like http://www.cosmiccastles.co.uk/Images/I ... g_game.jpg lol

would be ace.

maybe get the aa there or something to do quick bike checks etc

Cool..thinking about having something like the daft olympics too!..lmao

Oooo and possibly a pub quiz!

Willow, hunnibunni, while you are at Builth you can collar all of the above peeps to ask for their suggestions, and availability and you can speak with the organiser to get his advice too.

8)

Or had you already worked that out by yourself?

Yip, they're on me hit list...also bagged a few at the NEC!

Anythin banner, sign, leaflet, sticker, design related im your man or i know the people who can :)

Matt

Cheers Matty...love it when a plan comes together! :wink:

Pub Quiz?

I can do one of those for you, no problem!

Oh, and Mrs Sheepy's oldest lad plays in a band too, maybe they'll be interested in performing? They've got a couple of gigs at the Vic Inn in Derby, and believe me when they don't let any old cack play there, so they must be reasonably good at the very least (will let you know once I hear them, which will be soon).

MFN is a good location, of course! I toook Mrs Sheepy there last night and they've made a nice job of a huge decked area outside the bar (on the left as you come out of the building, where the pop trailer used to sit).

It looks like Mal (the owner) is really pushing the place along nicely.

I'll also ask around the Bike suppliers and shops in Derby / Notts area to see if there's any interest in attending.

I know that Titanium Racing on London Road have a mobile-ish stall for events, so there's a possibility.

Oh, and if anyone else is interested, tickets are still available for the MotoGP weekend shindig there!

Edited by Sheep_onna_Bandit

Gonna use MFN I think..they know the score and r used to hosting rallies. It's fairly central too.

Hoping to open to campers on Friday night, then Sat & Sun loads of mad activities.

willow i'd love to offer services for onsite childcare and childrens entertainer. are you just looking at evening childcare or creche facilities during the day too? Grantham childminders have provided creche facilities in the past for courses that have been ran, could inquire whether they would be willing to help in any way. maybe we could provide less that two hours making it easier from legalities and could provide people with the opportunity to go on ride outs and relax. have done childrens entertainer courses too as i was the party hostess at mcdonalds. let me know what youd like. happy to help.

Hi Willow

I know a guy who plays in a band so I will have a chat to him. Not sure what kind of music, but knowing him it ain't classical :D

Fab stuff! Keep em comin guys!

willow i'd love to offer services for onsite childcare and childrens entertainer. are you just looking at evening childcare or creche facilities during the day too? Grantham childminders have provided creche facilities in the past for courses that have been ran, could inquire whether they would be willing to help in any way. maybe we could provide less that two hours making it easier from legalities and could provide people with the opportunity to go on ride outs and relax. have done childrens entertainer courses too as i was the party hostess at mcdonalds. let me know what youd like. happy to help.

Thank HB but I've verbally contracted with one of my local nursery providers. Most of them only live 20 mins to half an hour away, so they won't camp. Had them lined up from the last attempt at a rally. There's about 8 of them. And for children's entertainment I'm looking at bouncy castle and the zoo man.

You might have already done this, but have you PM'd Craig (BikeLegal), to see if he could bring people down to chat?

Yip we've ahd a bit of a chat...but cheers for the thought.