Insurance help

RicFatBob

When I moved my insurance went down and mcn sent me a refund which was nice. Swings and roundabouts.

Now that's the odd thing ... I moved in January from a high crime area ... cars burnt out regularly and bikes nicked by the dozen to a quiet area where crime was virtually non existent and my car insurance went up 25% and bike a tenner! My partner works for the police so she was able to check bike and car thefts for me and found ZERO thefts or damage in the previous 3 months in my new place against 3 figure values per month in my old place!

Insurance are bast*rds , there is no reason why they will not insure third party only as theft is not covered in that case.

When I was looking fore , no one wanted to insure third party only but they did insured full comprehensive, don’t want to remember the price.

Insurance is generally governed by statistics, and if you look at the stats a 125cc motorcyle is at greater risk of being stolen than a larger cc one, people tend to cherish the larger bikes and give them better security, 125's are on the whole a stop gap and not usually as cherished, therefore security is at best basic and quite easily bypassed, therefore premiums are higher, and highest of all in the crime hotspots, London being the major one, but most cities will have a high percentage of bike related thefts compared to minor villages out in the sticks, but until as such time as these thieving scum are sentenced appropriately and made to pay properly, it will only continue to get worse :cheers:

Now oddly, I moved from an area of Bristol called Lawrence Weston. Now if any of you know Bristol at all you'll know that this has one of the highest numbers for bike theft and burn outs etc in the region- minimum one or two a week. My bike insurance there while being parked on a driveway and covered and chained to a wall was about £125 comprehensive. I moved to Pontypool in January and my partner being a member of the local constabulary did a check and discovered that there had been no vehicle thefts or damage in the previous 3 months at all. ZERO! My bike insurance increased to £160 and was parked on the driveway and covered. There is no logic to some of these quotes!

I moved to Pontypool

There is your answer .. a right shite hole of shite holes ..

Also Newport is not that far away .

I know Newport is not far away but the comparison between my old place and where I live now is unbelievable.

Right, so here is what I found out by playing with the damn comparison websites:

1. Makes little or no difference where you park it overnight (I really don’t understand)

2. It’s all about the value of the motorbike (there are three segments, <£10k; £5k to £10k; and >£5k)

3. The no claims history also makes a difference but not as much as the value of the bike

All this for Third Party only and in central London.

My conclusion, they just love to take the piss and f*^*k us over and over and over...